Counting time / Time Wasted

by tinker 8 Replies latest jw friends

• tinker
    tinker

My husband works at the local community college. Yesterday he said the witness's have a table set up with tracks, magazines and Video monitor running. 2 Brothers were there about 4hrs. He kept an eye on them from afar and never noted one student stop. Most of the time the 2bros were just chit chatting among themselves.

This is so funny. Tragic really, when they could be doing something, anything almost that would be more effective. Go visit the eldery, do some odd jobs for a widow, play ball with the teens, work in a soup kitchen., pick up trash.

The idea that a table full of WT literature is teaching the Good News of the Kingdom is very very sad.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

But doing those things would be a waste of time for them because unless they are helping fellow witnesses, they will be dead soon. And only God's Kingdom can bring true help to earth, so why should I bother?

momz

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    The idea that a table full of WT literature is teaching the Good News of the Kingdom is very very sad.

That's so true. It also shows how pathetic those nitwit naysayers are in imagining they've put the world on notice with the "impending world destruction".

Dismembered

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I remember when I was 20 years old pioneering instead of going to college. This was in 72 before the big A. I thought to myself if this isnt real I am screwing myself.

And I was.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

A couple of years ago the JWs had a table set up at the local Walmart. They had the Watchtowers, Awakes, and some books on display. I stopped and looked at their publications and then asked if they had the Book Of Mormon. I was expecting them to say they were JWs and make it clear that they would have nothing to do with LDS literature. But the woman just smiled at me and said: "No." And that was it. She didn't even try to push her Watchtower literature on me. So I just walked away.

• Dagney
    Dagney

How'd I miss this? LOL

Hi! I saw a table set up at the county fair, oh yes and local Jr colleges, airport malls...I wondered if they were still doing that. Oh yeah, you could be on a list to work a table outside the DMV, you had to be in good standing and approved to participate. It was great for teh pioneers...easy hours...no personal investment.

You are so right, nothing for the elderly (big gripe), kids...I mean what is more important than looking after the kids?

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

easy hours...no personal investment.

Tennessee Ernie Ford said- 16 tons- (of bs?) and what do you get? Another day older and deeper in debt.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just one more feature that I have no use for, of a product I have no use for. They are talking about the many features of the field misery, as if it were a product. Door to door. Calls. Studies. Street work. And the new features--parking lots, bus stops, drive-bys, and now setting up booths at colleges and stores. I have no use for any of these "features".

I wonder how long it will be before colleges see the witlesses for what they are. They will round up as many students as possible, and if any join, they will be ordered by the Tower to drop out of college. That is like someone setting up a booth at Wal-Mart and telling customers to go to Target or K-Mart. It is costing the colleges business, and hopefully the administration will start kicking the witless setups off the campuses for driving away business.

Ditto for stores. While they are not ruining business in stores as they are in colleges (unless they impede the flow of customers or drive them to another store by incessantly hounding them), they are soliciting a scam. Most stores have a policy against solicitation. If I was the store manager or district manager of a large chain, requests for exceptions on that policy would have to be for a good cause. Things like raising money for disaster relief, the Red Cross and Salvation Army, or something like USA For Africa would be acceptable. As would a political protest that is peaceful and serves some useful purpose (like a demonstration against a law that undermines freedom or will cause a major economic or health crisis). Under no circumstances would I grant a variance for a religious group promoting its own purposes, and definitely I would refuse to grant scams a variance.

I hope these administrators and managers wake up. I hope they stop granting the witlesses access to their premises to set up booths for the purpose of promoting the organization. It is a scam. There is no good reason to allow someone to promote a scam at a place of education or business.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Service Meeting tonight had an item about making our time count

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit