Hello

by letsgetout 31 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

((((((((((((((((((((((((((( letsgetout ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

WELCOME

And the Arc of Salvation continues to flounder.................................................

NMG

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Welcome to JWD! Maybe you should not even bother to do anything about this 'till the word gets out. I personally could not stand living a lie, but I am not in your position, but if I was and I was questioned, I would tell them that I have found Jesus as my personal savior. Even if you are no longer interested in that, it might slow down some anger with them. After all, most witnesses seem to assume that if you leave, you automatically become a follower of Satan and some sort of fornicator. If you convince them that you still believe (whether you are or not) in Jesus, you will find it hard for them to argue that you are a follower of the Christ. After all you will have John 3:16 and many other verses to back you up and they can't argue with bible scripture. (yes they will try).

Of course, you could always do what I did 30 years ago, and tell my parents they are so messed (paraphrasing) up and I want nothing to do with the bs any more. It took them many years to come crawling back, and after all the bs, I still couldn't care less. You see, I just loved my freedom. I regret nothing of my choice. You will too! Hope your significant other is free too!!!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Welcome!

I just wish they would love me unconditionally no matter what.

As you already know, the odds are not good - and you would know best, since you're right there. But strange things have happened, my parents seem to have gotten past it quite ok (though in my case, I must admit that my mom was never quite the blind follower they would like her to be, and my dad is...well, he knows deep down it's a screwy place but can't quite make the break).

Let us know how it goes, and again, Welcome to the board.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Good luck, letsgetout. I hope it all works out for the best, for you and your family. You are doing the right thing, by being true to yourself.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello, The JW's dont have the word unconditional love in their vocabulary. In it place they have "tough Love"

Do whats best for you. You might be surprised how it all plays out in the big picture.

After I left, in about 5 years my mother, brother and sister all escaped.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome, and sorry to hear the situation you are in as it will be very difficult in times to come.

There are a couple of options, let them know you are inactive but don't say you no longer believe. That will keep the communication open and leave them hope you will come back and be saved. However, you will need to put up with ongoing comments with them trying to reactivate you.

The other is to tell them you no longer believe and explain why. They will accuse you of leaving Jehovah, you can tell them that you have not left Jehovah, you have left a cult. That is what I did, as it felt the honest thing to do. Unfortunately you will be labelled an apostate and shunned.

I hope over time you are able to work out a way that works best for you.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board. And, good luck.

Cellist

• NoAliasAvailable
    NoAliasAvailable

From one newbie to another...hello!

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Welcome, letsgetout! Glad you GOT OUT! And you're about to enter another adventure with your marriage---congratulations. I hope your parents will see that you're happy and be able to be happy for you too and accept you for who you are. Most Witness parents don't know how to do that... but some do. I hope they surprise you!! - TJ

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Noaliasavailable,

WELCOME to the forum to you too! We look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit