Hello

by letsgetout 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Zico
    Zico

Welcome Letsgetout! Congratulations on your soon-to-be-marriage. :)

It's a real shame the Organisation robs us of our families and doesn't allow them to share in our joy. I think most on this board know how that feels, so you're in the right place.

I hope it all works out for you.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Glad you found your way here. You're right. The days ahead will be rocky for you if your parents are like most JWs. But maybe not.

Some have chosen not to make a big issue out of their offspring deciding to fade away. So, perhaps your fears are premature....I hope so.

This is one of the horrible things about being raised a JW......YOU DIDN'T HAVE THE CHOICE TO CHOOSE! IT WAS DONE FOR YOU.

Then when you reach adulthood and decide something else for your life, the WTS requires your family to virtually abandon you using twisted

scriptures to guilt them into doing it. SO SAD!

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Welcome to the forum, Letsgetout!!

I'm in a similar problem. I have both parents inside the organization. I don't know how to escape without hurting them...

You will find a lot of understanding here in this forum. You are not alone!!

Have a good day!

TTRP

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Hello, and welcome to the board, know your no longer a lurker but a poster. Good show.

As I began reading your post, my heart was thumping so fast, as It sounded just like my sisters home and her sons. I was so hoping it was one of them, and then you said you were a girl. Then I laughed and thought thats okay maybe one day it will be one of my nephews. I am sure of it.

Isn't freedom wonderful. But now you have a big issue to settle with your parents. I don't envy your task. I had literally heart pain I thought I was going to have a coranary, but it was just nerves and panic. I settled down and after telling my sister what I was now doing with my life it was a massive blow to my mom, dad passed away in 95 and he was an elder. I am kind of glad he wasn't around I am sure he would have murdered me.. I was so glad I didn't have to face him. He was not a nice man. Oh he was peachy keen with all the witnesses but didn't like me much and home life was terrible We lived life as a facade of happiness but I knew the deep anguish in our family life.. So I only had to face my mom and sisters. I didn't give them much of a chance to speak with me either. I just said I amout of the organiztion and my marriage and don't come looking for me. As difficult as it was, they knew I had made up my mind I was never going to return. They have a hard time with that. That was in Dec of 1999. They expect you to stay a witness when your absolutley unhappy and miserable. It is kind of like a code.

Of course mentioning the thing I did well it seemed like okay she is going to be disfellowshipped. I was, but I will tell you this. I wasn't going to allow three men to sit in judgement of me because I had finally found love with a wonderful man and happiness for the first time in my life since I was 13 years old and forced to go to the KH and be a witness and a pioneer and serve where the need was greater. It wasn't any of their business it was between me and God. I chose God because he is merciful and forgives our mistakes a thousand times over no matter how crimson. I wasn't going to give a JC the right to tell me that I was a sinner and in need of disfellowshipping because I wasn't sorry for what I did. I know God knew what I had to do to survive or go mad, literally, I recall that very day after having discussed in my prayers for years what did you God want me to do. Please show me what to do . I pleaded and cried my heart out to God for the answer and then for some unknown reason I all of a sudden felt a calmness overtake my very body, I stopped crying and thanked God for now I knew what was to be my future. I have never ever looked back or regretted any of the choices I made. I knew too that God had forgiven me my error and then I felt so peace ful and joyful. I went to an emergency shelter and hid there for several days until I was ready to face my ex husband and family. I took a letter over to the PO when I knew he wasn't home and placed it in his mailbox and then the begging began you must come to the JC. No I didn't have to do anything I didn't want to .

And if you aren't sorry for your choices then don't be afraid. Just tell the family and yes they will be upset and angry and throw a temper tandrum or two. but you know in your heart of hearts what will bring you happiness even if you have had to keep it a secret for some time. Don't let it worry you truly because we are already our own worst judges.

We don't need family and congregation to rub salt in a wound. You have found someone who will fill your life with love and happiness and God would rather have you that way instead of hiding from your parents the things you have done or not done. They won't break, Parents will get over it.

However that price tag is heavy unless your folks aren't stuck to the rules to the letter in the organization, If they have to no longer speak with you, you will have no choice but to except it. But you know what it is you want and go for it and explain it to God just between you two and you will calm down in you spirit. You will find a peace that is amazing. I am not leading you on I am telling you this truth. It is the family who will find it difficult, but your an adult and you have the right as Gods free moral agent to do as you want. He didn't make us to be robots and yesbots to a manmade organization, that has a bloodguilty background and is still continuing to this day.

I know it will bring you peace to know that you didn't attend your JC meeting. Where they will tear you apart. That anguish will not exist they will disfellowship you in absentia though. You have no regrets right ? So go out there and get that happiness you want in your life. Good luck and much happiness to you and your future husband.

best wishes to you

Love Orangefatcat.

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome letsgetout, stick around a while

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome, thanks for the story. Please find support. We are here for you, there
    may be other ex-JW's in your area. Learn why the truth is that it isn't the truth.

IMO- Start telling your folks something when you are ready. Don't try to tell them your
    status and win them over in one sitting. Just start by saying you have been "on a
    break" and really noticed how you enjoy deciding things for yourself. That lets the
    cat out of that bag, and you can progress from there.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Welcome to the board letsgetout....

• flipper
    flipper

LETSGETOUT - Welcome to the board- you are among friends here. Many of us have been raised in the witnesses like yourself perhaps, I was in 44 years and some of my witness family- my parents respect my fading , inactive status. And I have some witness relatives who shun me. So, you may find you end up with a mixed bag too - it's scary I know , but please know we understand here on the board and are here for you . Things will work out for you in time. Peace to you, and welcome from Mr. & Mrs. Flipper I sent you a P.M

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Welcome LGO. You've got friends here.

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Hi letsgetout,

Welcome!!! Most everyone here understands what you are going through. We are with you 100%. There is life outside the organization and

we are the proof.

Here is our website: www.geocities.com/veliveleth

Love and hugs,

Gramma Velta

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit