was that a Witness on American Idol last night?

by Burger Time 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I had the sneaky suspicion the girl in the picture below was a dub. She had never drank, smoked or watched a rated R movie. She was married at a young age and just seemed too wholesome. She didn't brag about being a dub which usually they always do but I was wondering if anyone else got that feeling off of her?

• carla
    carla

I didn't see it but could be a Mormon or a fundy for that matter, any number of things.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Yeah,

We had the suspicion but then she is from Utah. So, she could be Mormon. Hope that she isn't a witness. That would just really be disgusting.

What did you think of the girl from Oregon, she sang Amazing Grace?

Sheri

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I had that same thought! She seemed like she was embarrased to say that it was because of any religious beliefs. She just said that was her parents rules and it just stuck with her as a good way to live life. I would say either JW or Mormon.

• Einstein
    Einstein

Just remember, witnesses aren't the only people who are considered wholesome and innocent. In fact a lot of them aren't and they definitely watch R-rated movies!

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Yes, I thought she could be morman too. I believe she was from Arizona though. I know JW's aren't the only wholesome people out there, but my gut just told me she might be a dub, because as was pointed out she seemed to be dodging the question as to why she was so wholesome.

• Gopher
    Gopher

While watching, the thought crossed my mind too that this girl might be a JW.

On second thought though, if she were really a JW and a goody-goody one, she wouldn't likely be out there competing in a worldly competition for fame and a recording contract. (And remember, "bad association spoils useful habits like meetings, personal study and field ministry".) I'd say the odds are against it, but wouldn't rule it out entirely.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I too, also immediately thought of the Witnesses, and possibly thought her one. Then I remembered that she was from Arizona, which is close enough to Utah to be a Mormon. Mormon's have no fear of competetion like the JW's, and if you remember Ken Jennings was a super Jeopardy! champion - MORMON. They have no fear of being in the spotlight and actually achieving status for themselves thru their god-given abilities, UNLIKE the JW's. The Williams sisters and Michael Jackson don't count, they are merely unseemly exceptions.

Regards,

Wing Commander

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

She's from the Jello Belt. 90% likely that she's LDS.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

wow. Alot of people watch that show??? Well, I didn´t see it but I would guess mormon or fundie.....he probably would have been dféd or something for going on a worldly show like that...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit