Do you sometimes feel really disconected from people?

by Aphrodite 42 Replies latest jw friends

• golf2
    golf2

Most of us do at one time or another. Keep busy in the things you enjoy doing. I realize it's much tougher when your own flesh and blood disowns you.

Keep the positive posts foremost in your mind. The best.

Golf

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Yes. I think "numb" is a great way to describe it. I have found myself guilty of that feeling. I have also found it hard to establish and keep relationships/friendships with people. I feel like if you like me fine, if not oh well. I was okay before you and will be okay without you.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Yes I feel like other posters in that I have periods of time where I feel disconnected from everything and everyone. Its actually comforting in a way to know that I'm not the only one who feels like this.

Maddie

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Yes, I realize now that what I felt for many years while around JW's was a disconnection of sorts. I felt like I had nothing in common with them, and felt obviously that I was the bad guy, not them. This probably started in my teens. Honestly, I never remember feeling disconnected when talking to people that were not JW. It's always been easy for me to talk to most people, excepting the teenage puberty shyness awkward phase.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

What you're feeling is common to all humans at some point the course of life.

Sometimes those surrounded by the most people are the loneliest of all.

The reality is that we're all connected.

Awareness of our interconnectedness is the beginning of happiness, IMO.

Love and respect,

From one human being to another

• 5go
    5go
    Sometimes those surrounded by the most people are the loneliest of all.

So true I am at my loneliest in a group.

• startingover
    startingover

WOW can I relate to this thread!

I can so completely relate to this feeling! It's worse than not being a JW sometimes because even if I was a freak, I was a freak who belonged somewhere. Now I don't belong anywhere, not in the "world" and certainly not with the Witnesses. It's No Man's Land, emotionally.

That really hits it on the head for me. You know, there is some comfort in knowing I'm not alone in my feelings. I attribute alot of my feelings to being an only child. Anyone else in that situation? As a JW, my wife was the social director in our family. She is still involved so her social circle hasn't changed. But mine has. I have plenty of non JW friends who do things I like to do, but I can't help but continue to have the feeling that I am an outsider when I'm with them, Maybe it's just in my head after being subjected to years of us vs. them brainwashing.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Babygirl Wrote:

I have also found it hard to establish and keep relationships/friendships with people. I feel like if you like me fine, if not oh well. I was okay before you and will be okay without you.

This is so me.I feel the same way.I always tell myself I don't need anyone in my life I'll be just fine on my own.I don't get close to people easy.It takes me a while to warm up to even just being friends in a casual way with people.I don't have "feelings" for most humans.

Funny thing is I'm not like that with animals at all.I'll see an animal and instantly feel a connection with it.I'll intsantly fall in love with it and want to love on it.Animals are my saving grace.I actually have real "feelings" for my animals.I want to care for and help any animal I see.

I think it's because animals are safe.They don't hurt you.Not on purpose anyway.Humans do.I've been hurt too much by too many people I trusted.

• startingover
    startingover

Noni-

Some time ago I realized I care much more about animals than I do humans. I've been told that very thing like there was something wrong with that. I don't think there is.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I've always known I care more about animals than people.I'm ok with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit