Do you sometimes feel really disconected from people?

by Aphrodite 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33

Sure you will feel disconnected from people, that's exactly how you were indoctrinated. It's "us" and "them". In the world, but not of the world. "Worldly people", "demonized people" - it's all about disconnection, it's all about other. And when you disagree they just continue the mind control and lack of balance and freedom in your view of humanity.

I believe there are therapists that specialize in this, you should do some research.

What you have to do is rebuild, find positive reinforcement, UNLEARN all the blocks in your mind, interact with humanity freely - learn to trust yourself and your judgements. It takes time, meditate, find yourself, learn yourself and feel comfortable in your boots. After that find some friends that you can trust and just learn to relax and laugh and be free...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yeah. For periods of time, i cut everybody out, don't answer the phone, nothing. Then, after a while, i jump back into the flow.

S

• tsar_robles
    tsar_robles

Your post made me cry... I am way older than you but pretty much still going through the same thing... well even though now I have a family of my own I still can't give up the feelings for my 'family'... and probably never will...

• Micky4321
    Micky4321

I totally know how you feel. It runs so deep. For me it's like growing up in that religion has turned me against all religions. My biggest issue with religion at this point and this is not a serious issue for most but I find every single religion all everyone does is sit around and criticize others. It's like whever I go whoever I talk to people are putting others down constantly. If I talk to a JW then I'm bad if I talk to someone who isn't and tell them how I grew up then it's negative also. It's like I can't escape the negativity so I shut myself of from almost everyone. My hubby is awesome though. I don't know what I would do without him. How do you find a psychiatrist who deals with this kind of thing?

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Satanus, I do that too, I sometimes dont answer the phone for a whole day, just take it out the hook. I think my friends think Im a bit odd.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Satanus, Aphrodite, yup. Feel like a vulnerable rabbit holed up in it's den. I think it is a permanent condition but you try your best to go out and blend.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I feel so disconnected that sometimes when I look in the mirror I don't even recognise myself.

And I keep away from women coz they say .'Now you know how we feel!'

People suck!

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel
    Absolutely. I feel like I'm between worlds and I'll never fit into either, won't be able to meet someone and have a normal loving relationship or have friends or family.

I can so completely relate to this feeling! It's worse than not being a JW sometimes because even if I was a freak, I was a freak who belonged somewhere. Now I don't belong anywhere, not in the "world" and certainly not with the Witnesses. It's No Man's Land, emotionally. I hold onto the hope that I'll feel more comfortable someday. And I don't force myself to do things that feel weird to me. For instance, I have celebrated Christmas in the past, but this year my partner and I weren't feeling it. We had our own special day together, but we didn't do the tree, and didn't exchange gifts, not on that day anyway. I wish it was special to me but it isn't. I never had it growing up, so why would it be? Awake and Watching, thank you for sharing your experience and different perspective. That helps tremendously, for me anyway. Peace, Rachel

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

HINTERLAND

WELL I GAVE UP ON DIGNITY

I LET IT GO IT WASN’T ME

AND I GAVE IN AND THAT WAS WRONG

I DIDNT FIGHT I WASN’T STRONG

YOU CAN BE KIND

YOU CAN BE CRUEL

YOU CAN’T BE BOTH

YOU CAN BE KIND

YOU CAN BE CRUEL

YOU CAN’T BE BOTH

AND TO THE RIGHT THERE IS A VOICE

AND TO THE LEFT AS GOOD A CHOICE

AND EVEN THOUGH THEY’RE SELDOM SEEN

THEY STILL EXIST THOSE INBETWEEN

YOU CAN BE KIND

YOU CAN BE CRUEL

YOU CAN’T BE BOTH

YOU CAN BE KIND

YOU CAN BE CRUEL

YOU CAN’T BE BOTH

AND WHEN YOU’RE HUNGRY AND YOU’RE THIRSTY

AND YOU’VE NOTHING LEFT TO GIVE

IN A WORLD OF JUSTICE WITHOUT MERCY

WELL THAT’S NO PLACE TO LIVE

YOU CAN BE KIND

YOU CAN BE CRUEL

YOU CAN’T BE BOTH

YOU CAN BE KIND

YOU CAN BE CRUEL

YOU CAN’T BE BOTH

AND PRISON

SELDOM WORKS

FOR THE INNOCENT

AND HEAVEN

SELDOM WAITS

FOR THE RETICENT

YOU CAN BE KIND

YOU CAN BE CRUEL

SO TAKE A STAND

SO MAKE YOUR CHOICE

AND WELCOME TO

MY HINTERLAND

the irony - hinterland 2007

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes, I do. I am.

I wasn't brought up jw, but getting involved with them sure started my ongoing (and now mutual) disconnection from family.

I'm sorry and can imagine the hurt you feel inside.

The difference between feeling disconnected now vs. then is that I am not vulnerable to anything or anyone. To my own pain, yes, but I can't be suckered into anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit