Beauty out of Neglect (Pictures)

by Bumble Bee 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

On my travels this morning, I drove past an abandonded farm. I've driven past here before, and stop there every May/June and pick the sweetest smelling lilacs. Something compelled me today to turn around and go back and do some exploring and take pictures. I thought I'd share the beauty I saw there today with you all here.

This is from the lane way -

The lilac bushes, laying dormant, waiting for spring to issue it's sweet smelling flower

The old pasture

Burrs (these always get stuck in my doggies fur!)

One solitary pane of glass stood the test of time

How long have these been sitting here, unused?

I love how the snow coats the branches on the tree

Lots of interesting smells

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Oooh, gorgeous. I just love abandoned buildings.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Mrs. Bee,

I love "A Single Pane" and "Farm Implement Lies Aslant a Fence" in particular.

They're all beautiful ... thanks for sharing!

CoCo

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I loved the perspective of the tree in the foreground and the background -

Exploring the barn brought back so many memories from my childhood! This barn even had a rope like ours did. We'd open some bales of straw and swing from the rope, and fly though the air and land on the fluffy straw. How we never broke any bones I'll never know!

How did this get here? Where was it from?

Just the bare bones left on this side of the barn

The view outside

I wasn't chancing getting any closer to this door. I couldn't see what was under the straw and there were loose boards and missing boards all over the place

The silo

And at this point my camera died!

BB

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    I loved the perspective of the tree in the foreground and the background -

Ooooh, yes, I totally agree. EXCELLENT composition.

• JK666
    JK666

BB,

Lovely photos! If it weren't for the extreme cold, I would like winter. Beautiful monochromes, and the occasional infusion of color really stand out. I might post some photos of flora and fauna on another thread sometime. (How about you Fauna, ya wanna? FZ joke)

JK

• compound complex
    compound complex

Mrs. Bee,

Of course, the trees are scattered willy-nilly upon the landscape. You, however, must compose the scene and establish the perspective. I imagine we'd classify this beautiful composition as a "two point" scene. The fence in the foreground provides a very nice horizontal element to your piece and brings the viewer to earth. After all, aren't the trees aspiring toward the skies?

CoCo

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Great pics BB - the snow is beautiful, but I like to look at only any closer and I hate it. I guess it comes from living in the Northeast and having to deal with snow, ice and freezing cold!

nj

• Tara
    Tara

Lovely pictures, BB.

• changeling
    changeling

They are all hauntingly beautiful!

My favorite is the one CoCo named "Farm Implement Lies Aslant a Fence". I think it's a future award winner.

You have a great eye.

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit