Death is a Terrible thing...

by KW13 38 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Whats so terrible about death?..I`ve never seen a depressed dead person..It`s like they don`t have a care in the world..Nothing seems to bother them...............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave
    Has it sunk in for you people that your going to die yet?

Yes, it has. I will turn 40 this year and my body has been telling me about it in some subtle ways. All animals die. Humans are animals. It's just a matter of when and how. Another sobering thought is that 99% of the people alive today will be dead by 2100. That's almost 7 billion people. Sure, someone born Today will see 2101, but it won't be me. And lot's of people born Today will be dead long before 2100. So, this will be a century of human death like no other in human history. It seems a cruel joke of the Universe that beings can gradually attain sentience and then lose it in an instant of time. The Universe isn't about love, though. To be honest, it's not healthy to dwell on death too much. Just accept it as inevitable and get on with living.

Dave

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Crumpet, I know what you mean.

Lonleysheep - I just want to hug you so hard for that. I do hope that I get to give you that for real before we leap to our deaths. (I'll be back your side of the pond in 3 months!)

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

It was beautifuly written.

Crumpet, I know what you mean.
    Lonleysheep - I just want to hug you so hard for that. I do hope that I get to give you that for real before we leap to our deaths. (I'll be back your side of the pond in 3 months!)

I want to give you a big hug, too! LMAO- at "leap to our deaths". We're so alike! (I might be on YOUR side of the pond in Aug/Sept. I'll have more info in a month.)

• parakeet
    parakeet

Dying might be a terrible thing, but no one knows whether death is terrible. I'm finding as I grow older, that fear of death is far less intense than it was 10 or 20 years ago.

According to Eastern thought, death is an illusion, like a wave sinking back into its watery essence. The wave may have had a distinct form for a short while, but it remained water all along.

I suggest that you do some reading about death from various perspectives, including Zen and Taoist. You may find much comfort there.

• freydi
    freydi

I agree with Ian. It is those who remain who must continue to not only bear the burden of the loss, but also look forward to their own coming demise before they can rest while watching the medical/drug/legal/undertaking/insurance rackets and formerly the cathaholic church being enriched in the process. No wonder Jesus refered to death as sleep. We all have to go sooner or later and I'm hoping for sooner. I've had enough. Beam me up.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm personally not impressed with the concept, but working out that it's inevitable hasn't really changed my lifestyle in the way it should have. Eg: all those things I had forever to do, well now I have around 40 years. I'm not really all that motivated about achievement yet.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

From what I hear, the dying its self might not be so much fun, but the afterlife is awesome. I wouldn't worry. This is hell here on earth.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi KW13,
    Was just reading this-though you might like it :)

Hebrews 2 (New International Version)

14Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

All the best,
    Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit