Death is a Terrible thing...

by KW13 38 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

WOW. Your posts are just so to the point, i cant begin to describe how they made me feel. Dying also seems to hold a key, death like 'snap' gone isnt so terrible because it'll seem like a second till were in a garden with friends laughing, but dying is horrible. A friend of mine lost his mum on the 12th January to Cancer, it went from trying a last treatment to see if it'd work over Christmas (she spent the whole time alone in isolation for that) when they killed everything in her but her heartbeat to see if it'd kill the cancer. Well she got pnemonia and she never made it. I remember meeting her, her name was Joy. If anyone feels like praying for that family, please do.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Since I escaped the Tower, my father has died, several dogs. A handfull of associates. All my grandparents and old ancestors.

I delude myself that we reincarnate and find some peace in thinking I will come back again.

I operate on the premise of the movie of "What Dreams may come" with Robin Williams.

I think we come from a paradise state and when we get bored we come here. Earth because we can materialize and this is where the action is.

When we come here we leave our memory on a hard disc back home where all our previous lifes and journeys are recorded for us to reflect upon.

Most days that works for me.

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

I have been faced with death and the thought of dying probably more than most of you. In my lifetime, I have lost a great-grandmother, 4 grandparents, my father and mother, a brother, a son and two grandchildren as well as my husbands parents and his brother.

When I was a JW I thought that I would never die and the thought of remaining unconscious in the ground until the "new world" got here was not much comfort. When I realized that God promised "eternal life" to those who believe in Jesus it was such a comfort to me. Eternal means it never ends. To me death is a transition to a life with Jesus as well as with all the loved ones who had gone before.

I am 76 years old. I know that I am at the end of this life on earth, but the expectation of living forever in Paradise (heaven and perhaps earth according to Rev 21) gives me joy. I live my life each day, doing what I feel is good and the will of God .I love my family and try to encourage them. I love the people I meet and even though some may not return that love, I do not feel rejected.

Life is a gift. However, long we may be here, God has given us all a mission. Jesus said it is to love God and to love our neighbor. This is a journey. We do not walk it perfectly, but we do the best we can. I believe this is all that God expects. I pray that each of you will just live each day with joy, and not fear what is to come because God reads our heart and knows. It is not about what we do, but about who we know.

If I come to end of this life and find that there is no afterlife (although how will I know?) I will have lived with hope.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Seriously, death is a welcome relief. OMG. What little life has to offer is nicely offset by all the shit it piles on us in response. Don't most people continue to live only because of the other people in their lives? Their kids, their friends, their whatever? Who hasn't considered ending it, but held back because of the other humans in their lives? Sad, isn't it? We could all agree to end it and be done -- except we're all at different stages. By the time one group is ready to end it, they'll have others (their kids, most likely) that keep them from it. And thus it continues. Generation and after generation...

Dave

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Having a bad day, Dave?

I agree with you, friends and family make it worth while to stick around even through all the "shit" that happens.

Cog

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

A lifetime -- short or long -- is exactly what it takes for the idea to sink in.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi KW13,
    "Has it sunk in for you people that your going to die yet? I'm still avoiding the thought but it lurks in the back of my mind, i'm aware someday i've got to address it - like many here i didnt expect to live this far in this system, so i haven't any plan for life as of yet.

Death frightens me. I cannot sometimes watch a film with death of a character in a tragic way - there one moment with family/friends and a life and then not...i read the story about challenger the rocket that exploded and how the crew onboard that shuttle may well of been aware they were going to die. I hope to God i go quietely and asleep when i do."

I used to agree about death and I don't think that fear is unfounded.

However, this verse is very real to me now.

1 Corinthians 15:55
    "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"

I believe that the Bible is God's words and that they are true. The second death is to be feared far more than the first.

Isaiah 66

Judgment and Hope

24 "And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."

Or here

Revelation 20:10
    And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Dead Are Judged

11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

So make sure you choose life, Jesus came to give it to those who ask!

Matthew 7:8 (New International Version)
    For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

John 10:10
    10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

John 3:17
    For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

All the best,
    Stephen

• oompa
    oompa

I don't have any fear of dying.....nice long snooze? I don't know anymore, so at least I may enter a great learninig experience......what I do hate is aging.....I was a Jock!...now bad back, tennis elbow, and friggin reading glasses.....I HATE THEM!!!!!!!....aging sucks...oompa

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm actually having fun making plans for what I'm going to do after I die. Of course, the timing must be right. The kids must be grown and independent first, then I can go.

I'm thinking that I would like to come back as a ghost and just watch and learn from others without having to worry about supporting myself with a time consuming job. I wanna be a ghost.

If I reincarnate, I want to be a spirit and learn my next lesson in one of the spiritual realms.

If the above is true (I'm open to possibilities), I'll just continue to evolve through many lives. A beautiful thought, there.

If it's not (might not be true), I will have faced death with a positive attitude and lived my life more aware and fully.

BTW, I don't want a funeral or memorial. No, I want a big party where my life is celebrated in the biggest party of ways! A rock and roll wake sounds nice. I don't want to be bored at my going away party:)

Chenoa

• flipper
    flipper

" And in the End, the Love you take , is equal to the Love , you Make. " The Beatles final words on their final album Abbey Road . I agree with those words- it's how I roll in my life , like Changeling said- live each day to it's fullest, bring love into people's lives - it will make you happier and them as well. Enjoy the ride ! It helps me not worry about or fear death at all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit