You know it's the Truth though right?

by freedomfighter 24 Replies latest jw friends

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

Since i have been out i have bumped into witnesses at the supermarket where i work, as you do. They see me and look down or look right through me. Some have the balls to say "Hi" and "Hang in". Others have bigger kahunas and actually talk to me - this doesn't go unappreciated by me. These ones are using more of their own minds on the situation.

One line i nearly always get is " You do know it's the Truth though don't ya!"

Well, no. I KNOW it is not the"Truth". I don't think there is a "True" religion out there.

The Truth doesn't change. The WTS does, when it suits them.

You guys already know this, but just wanted to get it off my chest.

FF

• Elysian
    Elysian

Yes I get that too. Though lately I think even those with "balls" are avoiding me, I wonder why

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    One line i nearly always get is " You do know it's the Truth though don't ya!"

This always struck me as extremely silly attitude to take.. I have heard others say it ...

If i believed it to be The Truth, nothing would stop me from associating , only a fool would deliberately abandon the reality of what life is supposed to be about.

But It is not the truth , that is why I do not participate....

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

WOW.

When I read your subject line, my hackles went up like a cat's!

Now I've got all this adrenaline to burn off...

I'll give you an A+ on "effective use of SUBJECT: lines".

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi FF,
    "Well, no. I KNOW it is not the"Truth". I don't think there is a "True" religion out there."

I agree. Funny how 'religious" people talk about religion all the time (such as JWs) but the word is mentioned only 6 times in my bible.

Faith is mentioned 422 times though. There is even a whole chapter on it, Hebrews 11. So what is important to God, religion or faith?

"The Truth doesn't change. The WTS does, when it suits them."

I agree, totally. God is truth and he doesn't change his mind, otherwise that would mean that the things He spoke earlier weren't true after all.

Galatians 2 (New International Version)

15"We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' 16know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

Shame the WTO are busy making up more laws and rules to live buy rather than living by faith in Jesus.

All the best,
    Stephen

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

yeah,i HATE that!!!people are always asking me that,i say'if i thought so,than i would be there w/bells on"...i dont.so im not..

• delilah
    delilah

yeah, it always makes me gag when my parents tell me the same thing!!!

The truth?! Hmph.....they wouldn't know truth if it flat out hit them upside their head!

• chickpea
    chickpea
    " You do know it's the Truth though don't ya!"

uhhhhhhhh, would that be absolute truth, optimal truth, or relative truth?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

It's one of the things they all say when you pull the string in the back of their neck.

Along with: "The end is sooooooo close."

"Satan is so busy in these last days."

"We have to keep close to Jehovah (organization)."

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

What really gets me is the people who aren't living up to the org's standards, yet still insist that it is the truth. I have an associate (former MS) who left his JW wife 2 years ago, has slept with several (10 to 15) women since, smokes, carries a gun, and recently claims to have started cleaning his life up. He's stopped smoking, and has started attending again, in fact his JC is in a couple weeks. The other day, he tells me about his JC, and how he needs to get straightened up, and in the next breath tells me about a girl he's met in Georgia while visiting his sister, and how he's gonna "tear her ass up" when he goes back in the next few weeks.

The kicker of all this is when he finally finds out my feelings on the JW matter, it will probably lead to a physical confrontation. He's hyper-aggressive, very confrontational, and always has to be right. I'm not looking forward to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit