You know it's the Truth though right?

by freedomfighter 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

All religions are the same, man's quest to find God. God reads and accepts individuals, not whole denominations.

• isnrblog
    isnrblog

I get that all the time.

Most will ignore me, some will say hi and some will talk. Most will say the old "Well, you know it's the truth"

My standard comment is that I was disfellowshipped for apostasy, have an apostate Blog and in 6 years have made no attempt to "get back". I have not attended a meeting, a memorial, nothing. Does it look like I think it’s the truth?

It's the programmed arrogance that they are reacting to, that “They’ll be back, they know it’s the truth”. I know there are people that come back. I did an informal survey of people I personally knew and that showed more stay out than go back. Also, I noticed those whose families did not totally shun them were more likely to go back.

Which brings up another point. Different people treat the disfellowshipped one differently. Different strokes.

Fred www.isnrblog.com

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I got that just the other day by some person studying with the JWs (she didn't know I used to be one) I told her ""it's anything BUT the truth""

• dawg
    dawg

Just say "no I know its bullshit, don't you?" When ever they say that.

• Reverend Warhawk
    Reverend Warhawk

That comment is also a way for them to get some sort of reassurance to bury their own inner doubts...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit