WELCOME NEWBIES - all of you! Check in here, I'm losing track of you.

by AWAKE&WATCHING 62 Replies latest jw friends

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

W E L C O M E

Robert7

Good to have you here!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am not a newbie but wanted to say hi and welcome to all you newbies

• BFD
    BFD

A&W you are awesome.

To all the newbies. Glad you're here.

BFD

• dinah
    dinah

Welcome newbies! Pull up a chair and get comfy. We want to get to know you, as you can see.

Good job, A&W. We should all take more time to notice new folks in our midst. It's funny. I read on this site for about 6 months before actually joining.

• Falling Star
    Falling Star

I have also been lurking here for quite some time...just to let you know that every time I get an inkling to return to meetings, JWD is my support network that brings my senses back to me THANKS!

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome all! ((((((((((((((((((((((group hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

changeling

• new boy
    new boy

Welcome all

Good thread A&W

• lalliv01
    lalliv01

Hello everyone! I do enjoy this site. On this site are all kinds of people who all share common ground with me and with each other, most of us were JW's and we all know what that is like. I really do find it strange that we all, even though we are spread all over the globe, have such a common and strong relationship.

I was a witness since 1957, left in 1989. I did it all, the good, the bad, the ugly. In my adult life I really made a sincere efffort to be a good Christian as a JW. I worked to be a good husband, father, son, and sheperd to the flock but, I had too many unanswered questions about the faith. I always left the meetings feeling wholly unsatisfied and sad. And no, I do not, and never have suffered from depression, except when my dear little brother passed away, what an awful feeling, but the meetings left me depressed.

As a confession: I would listen to televengelists and they would leave me feeling in a much better mood than would the JW propaganda and I would wonder, how can that be?

After I retired, as a railroader, I started fooling around with the computer and I found this site, what an intersting place this is. I don't need, and have never needed a place like this to make me feel whole, happy, or justified in my life choices, but I am glad I found this place. My wife is in the exact same place I am in and just as happy. She wanted to leave the org. before I did but she obediently kept quiet because she knew how devoted I was and she didn't want to upset me or our lifes. I found this out after I decided to escape from the "gestapo", and she was so happy. We continue to be happy in our freedom.

She confessed to me that she HATED field service. She is a considerate person and she hated bothering people because she, herself, hates being bothered by "sales people."

I don't type well at all, it takes me some time to type so that is one reason I don't post. I dread the idea of posting and then having to contend with answering all the respondents, oh no, no!

But, I do enjoy lurking.

I am having a hard time believing in intelligent creationism or the Genesis account. I also am having a hard time staying away from asking Jehovah for the truth about everything. That's where I'm at. Thank you all.

• ILikeToThink
    ILikeToThink

Hi everyone. Still going to meetings, but this site helps me get through it until I break free. Read a little before a meeting and as soon as I get home. Helps sooooo much!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!!!! ( 3 times for emphesis) To have you all here...... A family!!!!\

As you must know by now since you have been lurking ,I am the oldest in body on board NOT in intelligence ( the dumbest) I had to get KICKED out!!!!

LLOL I enjoyed your info also>. I also am having a hard time staying away from asking Jehovah for the truth about everything. That's where I'm at. Thank you all.

Why ask Jehovah????? HE said listen to my Son -you KNOW who that is.... Why not ASK HIM to intervene (((((HUGS))))He is the ONLY WAY!!!! TRUTH,LIFE In MY opinion & Scripture

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit