How's this for twisted thinking

by freedomfighter 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

Many of us have most likely had to listen to a talk that has a statement like this -

" Imagine when you are in the new system in a beautiful place, you will be able to look back and think ' Wow! I had a good share in the preaching work and was part of fulfilling Mat 24:14"

So instead of living in the moment, the witnesses project themselves into the future and then imagine themselves looking back to the past.

That's enough to screw with anybodys mind!

In my experience, they live in the past and the future, but not in the present. A fertile ground for mental illness.

FF

• journey-on
    journey-on

Interesting observation.

The PRESENT is a scary place for JWs. Just listen to their conversations. You can't talk five minutes to one of them without

them bringing up how terrible world conditions are, and how plain to see we are living in the last days of the last days. Everything

is just horrible and getting worse everyday, according to them.

You hit the nail on the head when you said: A fertile ground for mental illness.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

This has been the hardest part for me since leaving. I had always thought, it didn't matter what happened now. Jehovah would fix it in the Paradise. So my own mortality is slapping me in the face. I guess I should take better care of myself, this is my one shot.

momz

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    In my experience, they live in the past and the future, but not in the present. A fertile ground for mental illness.

Excellent point. I'm getting therapy to deal with all that crap.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's a wt institutional psychosis. For people getting out of it, the process of getting their minds firmly focussed on the present is generally temporarily traumatic.

S

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

They are static, kind of like a coma state perpetually waiting for something.

• monophonic
    monophonic

fertile ground for mental illness....but all they need is the bible to get rid of mental illness, because jehovah will cure anything mentally, just like he can cure other diseases like cancer, famine, aids.....oh wait, he can cure them, he just chooses not to for some reason.

explain to this human and all us humans oh lord......why?

twisted thinking begins with Genesis 1:1

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

Is that why we couldnt celebrate christmas and birthdays while in the tower!

Because we dont give PRESENTS

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

You mean as opposed to coming back and thinking ,'Wow, I was one of the false prophets!'?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You could look back and see that you did nothing but waste all your time and gas. You went to those boasting sessions dutifully, despite that they were all the same. You kept proclaiming the message. Then you were told that Ephesians 2:8 and 9 really meant something. Of course, you were not a creator of any value whatsoever.

Or, you could look back and see how you created something that society is now commonly using, perhaps something that people wonder how they ever did without. Of course, you blew off every boasting session and never lifted a finger for field circus. But your contribution did more to make the world a slightly better place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit