Did/Does God really love people?

by buffalosrfree 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

At John 3:16 God says he loved the world so much that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believed in him will have everlasting life. Yet in Revelation Satan and the Demons were kicked out of heaven and hurled to the earth. How is that loving, what could possibly be the reason he would do that if he really loved us. I mean he supposedly made a good yard for us to play in, grow food in, grow in, etc, and yet planted a lion in our midst. Is this a true sign of love? Me thinks NNNNNOOOOOTTTTT.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I think it's more like the love I have for my rose bushes when they are blooming beautifully.

momz

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

If this is a 'poll', I'll say he does!

Outaservice

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Sure.

Like Hitler loved Jews

Like Catherine the Great loved virgins

Like Bloody Mary loved protestants

Like Tom loved Jerry

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

In my own limited, subjective, personal experience - God loves us. Nothing else. He isn't aware of where we are, what we do; he doesn't care what we believe, or provide for us. He's not a human father, or caretaker. But this totally alien thing does love all of us unconditionally, as he loves all of the universe.

Just one opinion among millions. Your mileage may vary.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I believe, after spending many hours here at JWD, that had he actually loved US, he would not have made an option out of eating of the tree. Was that a loving provision? Temptation? Knowing mind you , that he being ALL knowing, knew what satan was all about. Why was there even a satan??? POOOF! GONE!!! Is this a fairy tail? Is it a true story? Where did his love for US begin? At creation? And was there actually an intelligent mind behind OUR creation, if we were created at all.............

NMG

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Did/Does God really love people?

No, but I love my birdie.

W

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I had this ant farm when I was a kid. I loved it! Watched them carefully, threw some rotting vegetation in once in a while for food. Hell I even named a couple of them. One day I realized I hadn't looked at it in a long time.

The ants were all dead and mold was forming on some of the surfaces. I felt pangs of guilt and then moved on to my next project.

I think God stopped coming by and watching us a long time ago. S/He's moved onto other other more interesting projects. We're on our own.

Uzzah

• Aleman
    Aleman

Jehovah is Love! It's jus that this is a strategy in the invisable holy war against Saitan the Devil. The war is coming to earth next to free his people from the oppretion of Satans attacks. Satan hates us all because God wanted the angels to praise us, exept Lusifer did not share the same feeling. Read the book of Enoch, I'm sure you'll find answers there about why Lusifer became Satan the Devil. Jehovah God loves us all but Satan Hates us all.

-Aleman

• Open mind
    Open mind

Well, according to my Paraphrased Bible, we know he doesn't like babies when they're slow roasted over an open fire. Kinda gives him heart burn I think.

But, grown ups, marinated through the Great Tribulation, with a little BBQ sauce splashed on right at the end of the Big A? How could someone who considers burned fat a "restful odor" possibly resist a temptation like that?

Yep, I'm pretty sure Bible God loves humans.

As for, real god, if there is one, who knows?

OM
    gonna burn now for sure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit