Did/Does God really love people?

by buffalosrfree 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• oldflame
    oldflame

As parents do we love our children ? Of course we do so why would God not love us ? We are his children. When we are bad do our parents still love us ? Yes but we do not love the action. So in the same way that we love our children God loves his children. When our kids are bad we punish them and in the same when we are bad to God he punishes Satan and his followers.

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel

Satan and his devils being thrown out of heaven is described in one of John's visions in Revelation 12. The importance of this particular vision is to describe the conflict between Satan (evil) and the promise of a Jewish Messiah sent to deliver mankind from sin (good). Therein lies God's love in that there is a plan to do away with Satan FOREVER. Revelation 12:12 remarks that "Satan is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short."

God must certainly love us becasue be provied a way to bridge the relationship that was destroyed by sin, between Him and those that love Him. We are not left "on our own".

The two scriptures and events that you use to determine that God does not love mankind (Revelation 12 and John 3:16) are connected, but in no way demonstrate a lack of love.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Abandoned, Voideater, Wtwizard. I would find it tricky to add to that group of ideas.

If God is the love that each of us feels then maybe love is not the God of scripture, but one of our collective living experience in whatever endeavours it makes to show compassion, understanding, caring and enjoyment of the live given to each of us to share together with a view to preserving and enhancing each others lives in ways we each truly feel.

• new boy
    new boy

What if my friend...God and his love is real but the bible is not?

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Satan & the demons are only sent down here temporarily. But I see your point. Why doesn't Jehovah just abyss them straight away? So that the remnant are finally tested thoroughly. Of course the Society says that the test happen around 1914-1919 and they passed with flying colours! Muppets.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

On the evidence, I think God DID love us, but since he has done nothing for the last 2,000 years, there is no rational basis for loving him now. Love is continuous, constant, dynamic, it does not rest on its reputation for what one did millennia ago. So while I believe in God I do not feel much love for him and never will until he finally does something supernatural & miraculous again to save mankind and prove his love for us again...dreams are free I guess

• LanDi
    LanDi

Well, Jesus did say that not one sparrow falls without your fathers knowledge. I did laugh however at a scene from TV series Family Guy little Stewie (a one year old child hell bent on world domination) was reading through the Bible and couldn't put it down he said (reading from the scriptures) " If you don't do what I say you shall burn forever in hell. I'm really starting to love God. He's so deliciously evil ! "

Of course I couldn't possible speak like that but it was hilariously funny !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit