Do you still go to meetings??

by noni1974 31 Replies latest jw friends

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

No way!! I am even going to Mexico instead of the District Convention. Let's see, Evansville, In or CanCun? Tough decision.

momz

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Hell no!

I will go back at least one more time and leave some presents.

sooner7nc

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I haven't seen the inside of a Kingdom hall since April 2003.

W

• outofthebox
  • civicsi00
    civicsi00

I think I've been to about 10 meetings in the last year. The last time I went was back in about October. I went to listen to the CO on a Thursday and it was the same recycled garbage. I can't stand it anymore. I don't even remember the last time we went to any one of the conventions. I think we went in 2007, but I don't remember.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

very few. I went to one a few months back or maybe longer. The congregation we left our cards in is in the ghetto. Most of the elders speak as if they have little education. Most of the talks just drone on and on and on. Same illustrations over and over as if we've never heard them b4. Not much incentive to come back. Although the comments during the watchtower can be comical. Just imagine the urban myths in the ghetto, mixed with JW myths, coupled with lack of attention in current events unless it's in a WT or awake, then processed through the brain of someone with limited education. It's like a bad Chappelle skit.

I may go back just for that.........not

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Oh yes, I went to the MS/SM the other night.

I find it interesting how the same information can be restated, regirgitated and repeated in ways to make it appear interesting.

But then, I'm always amazed how Taco Bell can take 3 basic ingredients and create an entire menu.

Rub a Dub

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I've been having to go to more of them than I care for and all for family.

Actually, for the last few years I had a very good run of avoiding almost every meeting (except for the memorial and one of the district convention days). But there were some downturns for me and for one of my parents. Can't say anything else about it. But my parent is doing much better.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Evansville, In or CanCun?

OMG! That is a tough decision. Maybe you could make it easier just by deciding if you'd rather be bored out of your friggin skull or captivated by a tropical paradise. I don't know, maybe that will help...

• Akira
    Akira

Yes I do. Why? My parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit