I Have a Commercial Janitorial Service - And Proud of It !

by flipper 64 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

Wayne Huizenga is a man of distinction. He's the only person in history to build three Fortune 1000 companies practically from scratch: Waste Management, Blockbuster Entertainment and AutoNation............yep.....he is a garbage man...........oompa

• eclipse
  • isnrblog
    isnrblog

I have an engineering degree and have owned several multi million dollar hi tech companies.I also have a degree in accounting.

A friend college friend of mine began doing janitorial work for a company while a student, In fact I worked for this same guy on occasion. College students are notoriously poor.

Upon graduation, I went into engineering. My friend also graduated but shortly thereafter bought the Janitorial business. That was in 1979, He now has 250 employees, owns numerous commercial and residnetial properties, has a mold remediation company that he had franchised out into about 25 states and numerous other investments. I am relatively wealthy but this guy can buy and sell me.

No disrespect here my friend.

By the way, your life as a JW is very much like mine, except for the college thing. My mind was made up and i simply ignored the "no College" stuff. I too married early (for the same reason) and went to college nights.

Now, divorced, disfellowshipped and an apostate. I am remarried to a wonderful woman and I am truly at peace with myself.

Good story. Keep up the good work!

Fred www.isnrblog.com

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Wayne Huizenga is a man of distinction.

And has a business school named after him;

http://www.huizenga.nova.edu/

I respect entrepreneurs. When you see the businesses that fail you realize how hard running a business is.

• flipper
    flipper

SEARCHER- I agree. The untrained " counsel " that Jehovah's Witnesses elders have given to child abuse victims has led to the molseters getting away with it, and these children becoming victims again to these pervs - all because the elders wrong advice and incorrect way of dealing with the situations.

OOMPA- Wayne Huizenga must be briiliant if he can accomplish what you were saying !

ECLIPSE- I agree. Lots of good replies here !

ISNR BLOG- I'm happy to hear things are going well for you too . Our similarities also are that I too remarried a wonderful lady and we are at peace too. Been married 1 year and 3 months now ! Practically newlyweds !

NEWYORK 44M- It is hard to stay in business that is true. I saw something on CNN news about 1995 or so and it stated that back then 80 % of small businesses that started up would fold and go under within the first 2 years. Things have to work right ; right conditions, know what you're doing, a good profession which is marketable and will last, avoiding getting into a business that is not needed. And I might add; not overspending too much too soon. I can't tell you how many businesses I've seen come and go due to overspending too early ! Incredible. Gotta stay balanced

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit