What was the 1st thing you did that wasn't allowed after leaving the JW's?

by cognac 68 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gopher
    Gopher

Celebrated my birthday with my sister's family. Lo and behold, nobody lost their head that night!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I stayed at home on meeting days and relaxed.

I also read websites and books that JWs are forbidden to read.

-Elsewhere, of the Thought Crime Class.

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

hmmm ...

I threw away my 'no blood card' and celebrated my birthday and my friends birthdays! I started making friends with 'worldly people', which was my favorite part. For the first time in my life I could choose my friends and my friends could choose me ... no one felt obligated or had to pretend because you were part of the same organization. My friendships now are much more sincere and true than I have ever experienced before!

jelcat

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Write to Ray Franz, Jim Penton,get Randy Watters writing on the Crucifiction .The start watching THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS A No NO in the organization//// Mouthy

That sounds so.. so.. so... err Christian. God Bless you, Grace. PS Andrew sent me a very nice Christmas card

• Dagney
    Dagney

The very first, slept in on weekends. I was in a hall for 20+ years that never rotated, and in the final years, was in a bookstudy on Sat morning. Seven days a week, every week of never being in your own home in the morning wore me out.

• loosie
    loosie

Bought a scratch off lottery ticket... and scratched it

• JAVA
    JAVA

One of the first things I did was vote. My JW spouse found out, and told the elders; they disfellowshipped me within the week.

Not long thereafter I started taking classes at the university. With a degree in hand, I can tell you that was one of the best things I did after exiting the tower. Oh yeah, I also divorced the JW spouse that couldn't wait to tell the elders about my sin of voting. Who needs someone like that in the house?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Answer----I started dating and got married at ge 23.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I started enjoying my free time. Then, I started filling that free time dating.

• garybuss
    garybuss

What was the 1st thing you did that wasn't allowed after leaving the JW's?

You mean AFTER I kicked the Kingdom Hall door?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit