What was the 1st thing you did that wasn't allowed after leaving the JW's?

by cognac 68 Replies latest jw experiences

• exwitless
    exwitless

We went to a book signing by Joy Castro about 5 days after mailing our DA letter. She wrote "The Truth Book". Interesting but sad book about how she was raised as a dub by very abusive parents, and the elders did nothing to help her or her brother.

Man, I was paranoid then. I kept looking over my shoulder for elders to be there spying on people.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Making non-JW friends! Staying home and watching Thursday night TV after an exhausting week of work and NOT feeling guilty about it! Sleeping in on the weekends! Reading websites like this one and books like Ray Franz's! Reading books about other religions and philosophies, and NOT feeling guilty about it!

Peace,

Rachel

• new boy
    new boy

Well nobody really said it....they said "dating"....nothing illegal about that.

So I guess I'll say it.......I slept with someone of the opposite sex (it was O.K. though) because all we did was sleep in the same bed together...nothing happen that night.

• Raised2BeDead
    Raised2BeDead

well, i was smoking, getting intimate with a girl, dating a woman, and had a threesome with two guys at a hotel after a gig some band threw, all before i was finally kicked out; for not quitting smoking.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Can't quite remember, I guess really the first thing I did was use my mind ... with regards to the Witnesses. As far as actions performed by said brain, I think it was getting drunk in the April after I left in January.

Edit: Oh yeah I was reading apostate stuff starting the beginning of January, I read Crisis of Conscious in February or March.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Read Truth or Consequences by Roy Milton, obtained a Bible other than the NWT, read Harry Potter and Left Behind, went to church, and started playing Dungeons and Dragons.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Voted, I guess.

• thepackage
    thepackage

Started being normal!!!!!!

• journey-on
    journey-on

SIGNED MY BOYS UP FOR LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL~!!

• Cc81
    Cc81

started dating, started having sex.. started having normal "worldly" friends.. started living my own life and not someone elses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit