1975 Letdown increasingly becoming topic of conversations among witnesses

by Meeting Junkie No More 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I keep hearing the expression in the last few weeks "The Society is now talking in MONTHS not years" . I heard one or two reply - yes but they said that in the run up to 1975

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    It seems like they're up on what people say on the Internet about JW's.

I agree. My parents came in 1972 and always denied 1975 was of any relevance. My old BS conductor mentioned it was nothing, and Jehovah used it to weed out the ones serving for a date. I was quite shocked when I finally got on the net and started finding out what the Watchtower references really had said.

A long list of the quotes is at http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/1975.htm

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

When the WTS would say things like "we don't restrict what JWs think, read or research" the older generations knew it was said with a wink. However, that message and mantra has been repeated so many times and for so long that the new generations (Gen X and newer) never realized that the original, and real, message was just the opposite. No one told them that it is being said with a wink and therefore believe it is true.

Because of this, the newer generations are inclined to openly discuss controversial topics such as 1975 (so long as no overtly apostate people are there). This is why the WTS can't seem to gain total submission and compliance from the newer generations... the newer generations never catch the "wink" in the literature and take it at face value.

In time this will lead to the WTS's downfall.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Then there will be those left over that say there are fewer on the road to life. They would use the mass exodus as a way to justify themselves. At least there would be a much better chance that all or some of our loved ones would get out then.

• steve2
    steve2

Humans, religious or otherwise, have an amazing capacity to see the stupidity of their situation and still keep their bums on the seat.

I could imagine increasing numbers of JWs moaning to each other about 1975 but paralysed by their own lifelessness. I don't see a mass exodus; maybe just a few extra brain-dead people snoozing during the Public Talk.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

When I left the organziation in Dec. 1999, the conversation that I had with my sister is, "Terry A is just so emminent, like it is at the threshhold, there is no way that we will be here next year. Something is going to happen and if you leave you'll die at A.. I said to here Sister I have heard this since the summer of 1967 when I was baptized. In fact that was the last year for getting baptized without going through some 80 questions or so.

I to my sister look when it comes it will come be it next month next year or whenever , but I am fed up with it all the organization and mom and that is it. She begged and pleaded no T erry don't do it don't leave, okay we understand if you divorce your ex, but why the truth.? I really don't recollect all that I said, put she was pretty upset, she told me she is the last person on earth to tell me what to do seeing how she had left for 14 years, then she said there is no way that many years left in this system of things. Well I take my chances. After threatening of course to go to the elders because I had sinned I told her don't bother they knowalready.

The thing is this when 1975 failed and passed the next year they started on this bit of Eve a time lapse between the time Adam named all the animals it could have taken about 30 years. So we could be looking at that date too The WTBTS never gives up they will keep predicting and saying this and that and yet they have no idea about what they are talking about. They are wrong on their bible chronology. They never have excepted the biblical scholars absolute date. 607 BCE is off and so all there dates are wrong. I don't look to a date what is the point, they have made themselves look like incompedent jack a$$e$.

When will they ever learn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was convinced not that 1975 was the year, but rather that the generation of 1914 would be around before the GT. I could live with the fact that 1975 did not work, as long as I had the generation concept firmly in place.

I think that the "generation of 1914" drop during the mid 90's had a more significant effect on the physche of the r&f than the passing of 1975.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

1975 has some distance on it, which means it can be explained away. I never hear from the 50-something crowd that '75 was of any big importance--they all write it off as the "foolish expectation of a few."

And who can question them? Most weren't around.

• uninformed
    uninformed

When the "Childrens" book came out in 1941, it stated that the end would come in a matter of months, and the young couple of the book decided against marriage, and having children.

But when Knorr got his little peeny hard just a short decade later, all of a sudden marriage was OK. God changed his view.

Still----having babies is still wrong. But the JW's only increase is coming from babies.

THE BOOK, LIFE EVERLASTING IN FREEDOM FOR THE SON'S OF GOD, PAGE 29 AND 30 IT STATES:

"It would not be by chance or accident, but would be according to God's Purpose, for the 7th Millenium of mankind's existence to run concurrent with the 1,000 year reign of Christ---------------------1975----end of 6000 years of mans existence------2975-------end of 1000 year reign.

Who said they didn't say it?????????????????????????????????????

Brant

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Anyway, the fact remains, those that talk that way will be DF soon so as to not spread their satanic views through out the rest of the congregation.

Amazing. Yesterday's "new light" about 1975 is today's "satanic views" about 1975. Was it a "satanic view" in 1966-1975 or "truth?" How does "truth" from the WTS become "satanic" unless it was always satanic? If it was "satanic" then it was never truth. It was always satanic. If it was truth, but is now satanic, then the WTS is not representing the God who never changes. Either way, they are lying assholes.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit