1975 Letdown increasingly becoming topic of conversations among witnesses

by Meeting Junkie No More 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• dinah
    dinah

Maybe they have one of those little flashing light things that erase memory like they have in "Men in Black" people who lived through it conveniently forget.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Well I am 56 and was baptized in 67 and yes 1975 was all we ever heard from that year onward until 75 came and went just like all the predictions of these prophets of God.

it was a major let down. Like when the GB said it was going to happen and they lied and said they never said that . Well we know they did and have had the documentation of it and even a talk heard in the Gilead Glass by FF.

I don't know what my thoughts were back then as I was a busy in Montreal, and to me it was as if that date flew by and they made so little fuss about it that newer ones and older ones just kept being faithful because that is what the GB said. I recollect a visit my Nathan Knorr in 1972 I think he was a bit wacky then he died shortly afterward of a brain tumor. Hey maybe the other members of bethel were so old it didn't make any difference to them . They lived in their Glass Tower and nothing could touch them. But the one thing that really freaked the society was 911, they were scared to death or hell or what ever.. I think at one breif moment I felt bad for them and their calculations. but only momentarily.

It has been the recent years, their lies, coverups, the blood issue, the UN thing, sexual coverups and homosexuality allowing members to stay with in the organization and they weren't disfellowshipped. This is what has made me despise and hate the things they are doing in the name of God. That is what is unforgiviable.

I think more than 99 percent thought that was the commencement of the Big A or the Big T.. how foolish they made themselves looked again.

Just putting in my two cents worth.

love Orangefatcat

• moshe
    moshe

Just putting in my two cents worth.

Good points OfC- if only we could just see symposium of the GB face some real questions at an assembly- they would come across as a bunch of old senile geezers - not God's mouthpiece.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

I disagree that 1975 is a topic of conversations among todays witnesses. I don't know about everybody else, but the one's I have dealings with never mention 1975, to them this is something brought up by the 'apostates'. I would have to say its the other way around, the only ones who are hell bent on that date are ex-jw's and always bring it up. I brought it up a couple of times to friends and elders and they didn't even know what I was talking about, according to them the WTS never said the end was coming, it was individuals who took words and applied their own meaning to them.

• steve2
    steve2
    I brought it up a couple of times to friends and elders and they didn't even know what I was talking about, according to them the WTS never said the end was coming, it was individuals who took words and applied their own meaning to them.

This has been my observation too. Most JWs today are neither big readers nor interested in researching the history of their organization. If you're a JW and you're actively thinking about 1975, you're probably the exception among the sleepy rank and file.

• dinah
    dinah

I was 7 years old in 1975 and I remember the excitement. It was time for me to start first grade. My mom was hoping I wouldnt have to go.

If someone speaks on behalf of God and those words do not come to pass----they are false prophets. Do not fear them. Amen, hallelujah, holy crap.

• flipper
    flipper

I was raised in it from birth in 1959 . Got out 4 years ago- 2003. I hope they are talking of past failures of the organization on the inside as it may start a few to start leaving this brainless cult

• justhuman
    justhuman

Most of witness don't have a clue regarding 1975. I was 7 at that time and I recall all the eagerness that the end was sure at that year. Now I left WT few years ago, and what I have seen, is that most of the JW's weren't at the Org at that time.

I don't think so that it will be a massive exodus from the WT, since WT knows how to keep people enslaved through disfellowship policy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit