SPIRITUALITY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE

by Dansk 18 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I have long suspected that we are all part of "the being" of the universe. I do believe that we are all cogs in the machine - yet I believe that that machine is greater than the sum of it's parts.

Something happened to be today that made me see it a bit clearer.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/150224/1.ashx

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    but that the universe IS that all powerful being

I like this idea.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Ian

I'm glad to here that you are doing better. I hope you are cured.

Your watch experiences are very intersting.

When my sons dog died. A smell of flowers came in the house and the clock stopped.

Thats the best time/clock/watch story I have.

I think I am an agnostic, I'm leaving my options open.

But I'm am 99/9/10ths sure the bible is not the word of God or what it is held out to be.

And I'm just as sure the witnesses dont have the truth.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Ian like you I have long ago given up on my belief in God, but I do feel like I am a spritual person I have no need to really catalog it (by beliefs) into this or that as I'm still a work in progress.

To give an example, when I was first diagnosed as being terminally ill three years ago Mulan suggested organising a vigil for me and, happily, some JWDers offered to participate. Posters here, at a specific time, sent me energies, prayers, Reiki, vibes, best wishes, lit candles, etc. That first Tuesday night, while I was in bed, I definitely felt a force over my body and, interestingly, my watch slowed down by a full ten minutes. I reset my watch and it behaved normally and never lost time. The following Tuesday night, the second vigil, I felt a force again - and once again my watch lost a full ten minutes. Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences. Since then I have never felt the vigil forces as strong, but perhaps it's because less people are taking part (?) or because the energies have to be dispersed amongst more people (I have since been joined on the vigil list by other poor sick souls).

That is so incredible Ian! FWIW on the Tuesday Vigils when I take part in them I absolutely focus on the specific ailments or conditions each one of the members are dealing with. I get into a meditative state and really focus as I believe my positive vibes are helpful. You've proven that!

I know sometimes I forget to plan the vigil but after your report I am going to put forth a better effort to take part in it every week. I've toyed with the idea of adding my son and his ailment to the vigil but have been shy about it, now I do think I will as he certainly could use the laying on of vibes by everyone! I'll let him know too and see how he feels about it and let you know.

My beliefs like I said are still in the process and I've had my doubts and concerns but some of the things I've been doing and reading about have worked and have made sense to me about the Universe.

One is that the Universe operates on a harmonic vibration and we can tap into that in various ways like in meditating getting really quiet and also in chanting using the Ahh for attraction and the Omm for gratitude. I like to use the both like ahhhhhommmm to cover my bases!

Another which I feel really makes a difference is having a positive attitude, putting out positive statements and dwelling on the good and keeping positive emotions. I use my emotions as my guidance system, when I'm feeling positive I feel I'm in vibrational harmony with the Universe. It seems simple enough and the results are always good.

It seems Ian that your positive outlook has played a good part in your healing and thank you for sharing this personal part of your life with us. You are an example of how awesome the Universe is if we just let it into our lives and work with it.

Shalom.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi (((((((Kate))))))),

Yes, you must include your son in the vigils.

Prior to becoming ill I went back down the Buddhist route - but a route not tied to any individual school. I have a great teacher, Mike, who, sadly, is himself now ill and I have added his name to the vigil list. From all the research I have done over more than two decades (I was a Buddhist before becoming a JW) Buddhism is closest to my beliefs. One doesn't have to believe in God - and kama (or karma), cause and effect, are not out of line with the laws of the Universe.

Without doubt I should say it is the Tibetans who are the real masters of meditation. Prior to and then at the beginning of my illness I meditated regularly and had some interesting experiences. After treatment, I believe the chemo interfered - it just wiped me out and I was unable to sit or concentrate for any length of time. I couldn't even read a book!

If what the Tibetans tell us is true, and incorporating it with my own experiences, there is definitely a spiritual force out there. What pains me immensely is the amount of suffering in the world. Are the sufferers suffering because of something they themselves are responsible for in this life or a previous one? I can't answer that. I just don't know. What I DO know is that if we are truly made in God's image a benevolent God would not let people suffer so much.

Before going into hospital I attended a meeting of the Buddhist Society of Manchester every Saturday morning. One morning I excused myself to go upstairs and use the toilet. The toilet was on a slightly lower level than the shrine room and to get to this one had to pass the toilet. While I was stood urinating I heard a group of people passing the toilet and going up to the shrine room. When I went downstairs everyone was still there so I asked my friend, Mike, who it was who went upstairs to the shrine room. He said no-one had left the room!

I told him of what I'd heard and he replied that others had told similar stories. So, next time I was up in the toilet I listened out and sure enough I heard people passing by. I opened the door and entered the shrine room. Nobody was there! This situation went on every week until I could no longer attend through ill health.

Now, I'm a sceptic over most things and if someone had told me that story I'd still be sceptical. However, as it and the vigil experiences have actually happened to me personally I cannot refute them!

There is also the case of my beloved mother. I was down in London seeing Claire off on a plane to Germany (she was just my girlfriend then). After seeing her off and feeling meloncholy because I was already missing her greatly I went to catch my coach for the over two hour journey back to Manchester. The coach eventually drove off and I pressed my head against the glass window and started to think of Claire and the good times we'd had thus far in our relationship. Suddenly a thought came into my head "Your mother is dead!"

I shook my head and berated myself for thinking such a thing. My mother had been ill and was in hospital but her condition was not life-threatening in any way. When the coach arrived in Manchester, instead of going to my flat I went straight round to my parents' home. My dad was there and I asked about my mum. He said she was fine, so I left. I had just turned the corner of the street, I was told later, when a 'phone call came in to say mum had died. Mum had actually died round about the time I had received my "message" on the coach but the hospital hadn't reported it to my dad straight away, which is not unusual as they like to get the body prepared, etc.

I am convinced the Universe and we are all connected. After all, without the Universe we wouldn't be here. It makes sense, therefore (at least to me), that the answer to our spiritual quests are found within IT!

Ian

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Dansk,

Yes I have felt the power at times sometimes like a burning heat that goes right to the bone, even felt it crackling under my hands as i lay on some elderly women to heal her, shattered glass with it, and knock someone out by accident once.

And I want to say how much good the threads for your welfare did for you and others. Every time it pops up on the board it generates power, good vibs.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Frankie,

Your post reminded me of other events in my life. When I was desperately ill and things looked really bleak for me Mike, my dear friend who is well versed in spiritual matters, advised me to go to a faith healer. I am very sceptical about such people and, not believing in God, thought it would be useless for me but, heck, I had nothing to lose.

I went to the local spiritualist church where they held healing sessions once a week. When I arrived, there were a number of people in the pews waiting to be attended to by a healer. I thought there'd be just one healer but there were actually around 5. I was assigned to a young man and he sat me in a chair and asked me to close my eyes. I did so and could feel his hands touch various parts of my body. Suddenly a strong heat generated inside a large tumour I had under my arm and I felt a wonderful warmth in my entire body. When the session was over after around 15 minutes I thanked my healer and went home. The following week I was back again and asked for the same man. I got him and virtually the same thing happened.

I attended the spiritualist sessions weekly after that but, whenever "my" healer wasn't there and I was assigned to someone else I never felt the same power - until a few weeks later I was assigned to yet another healer. This person offered to come to my house for free (as did the first healer) and I consented. This "new" healer, a man of 70+ years, came upstairs with me and had me sit in a chair again. He ran his hands over me and WOW I felt a surge of power never felt before. It was so powerful, in fact, that I almost asked him to stop as it near blew me out of my chair.

On different occasions I felt some power, but nothing like the power surges mentioned. I was still receiving treatment from the hospital and having regualr visits from my healers. Eventually, the power from the healers seemed to wane and the tumours grew. I had to rely more and more on general medicine.

I have felt power from exponents of Reiki and spiritualist healers and the vigilers here. Also, from a different source in my own bedroom. Unfortunately, while I genuinely believe they did me some good, in spite of my initial scepticism, my health deteriorated to such a critical extent that I had to rely entirely on mainstream medicine. Nevertheless, I definitely experienced some power at the hands of healers. I honestly believe that if I could have received the same regular power as "generated" by the old man in my bedroom I would not have had to rely on conventional medicine. But why did the power wane?

When I now hear about someone being a healer I no longer scoff - but I can understand why others might. I used to be amongst the sceptics big time, but I cannot refute my own experiences and NO it was most definitely not my imagination. If nothing else the "healers" held back my condition for some time. I find it also very interesting that hospitals in the UK are now allowing healers in for patients who ask for the service. Perhaps we need both spiritual amd mainstream medicine together.

Whatever one thinks, the whole subject and my own experiences are profoundly interesting and, I believe, worthy of investigation.

Ian

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

There is so much science has not yet explained.

I too believe in spirituality, but reject the answers of stone age fairy tales.

There is no doubt about the power of thought. In quantum physics, even just DECIDING to perform an experiment affects the outcome. Our thoughts have made the entire world we live in for good and ill.

And look at the strange case where the thickness of a human hair was measured by lasers - not by shining the light on the hair, but analysing where the light might have shone instead!

I don't pretend to have an explanation. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence for what Dansk describes. But it has to be a mistake to ignore this.

People are saying what actually happened to them. It is up to science to explain this satisfactorily, not dismiss it because it happened to us outside of a laboratory.

HB

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Interesting thoughts Ian!

I've been exploring a theory of 'nothingness' lately - where basically, everything, even 'solids' is at base level 'merely' the result of electromagnetic interactions/electrical activity/waves.

With regard to the comments on healing energy therefore, if we as beings are absorbing and emanating energy/waves, at all times, then it should be possible to focus and concentrate it all in one direction at a given time - hence, when healing energy is experienced as 'hands on', you will feel that heat - it's two sets of energies colliding at very close range.

When healing energies are sent from distance, they could be disrupted or diluted by other influences on the way to the recipient. And I think you're correct Ian in thinking that the vigil energies have become diluted because they are being spread more thinly, and that's why you've felt them less - they can't be as focused if those sending them have no distinct place to concentrate them. What's the answer though? Seperate vigils for everyone or maybe assign a specific person to a specific group? Any ideas/thoughts are welcome :-)

Also, because this is an interaction of energies, the effectiveness of the sent energies is dependent on the 'targets' willingness to receive them - perhaps energies already disrupted by the sickness are further disrupted by scepticism, or another inner attitude such as anger? All these things can get in the way of pure energy.

Are healing vibes a way then, of reattuning that which is out of sync with the rest of the energy of the universe?

For me personally, if any sick one on the list mentions a specific area they're struggling with - such as you when you had the neuropathy in your feet last year - I will set aside time to specifically focus on that, and whenever I do, I often have 'interesting' experiences!

I don't see a conflict with my Christian faith here either - to put the 'healing energies' into a religious framework - you have the power of God within you - and you can just as equally focus that to whoever you will - that's what prayer is. For any fundies who may be freaking at this point and yelling "deemunz!" - did not Jesus feel the power leave him when the woman touched him? Whose power was it? Is demonic power able to heal?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit