MLM schemes @ the hall, i.e Amway, , etc...

by avishai 48 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

Anyone get sucked in? I always thought it was ironic how often they preached against this sort of thing from the platform, then were out in the parking lot trying to sell it to you. TONS of elders defrauding folks this way..

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

My first husband & I got suckered in to attending a presentation, and it ended up being about Amway, we got the hell out of there as soon as I heard the word "pyramid". Pre-paid Legal is another big one...

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

When we were newlyweds there was a long distance plan going around our friends. We even went to a marketing meeting. It was like a circuit assembly! But we were so broke, we couldn't buy into anything. I know a guy I grew up with that got very wealthy off of Nu-Skin. Got in at the beginning.

momz

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

JW's are suckers for this type of crap. My parents got into Shacklee. We had shacklee products out the wazoo! I wonder if they ever threw that crap in the garbage

nj

• Robert7
    Robert7

My wife was into one, and MLM as a concept is legit. Pampered Chef ($3 Billion company) and Avon are MLM. Of course there are tons of shady MLMs out there. What was interesting is that the WTS is SOOO much like an MLM. MLMs are structured so everyone is always recruiting. The tactics they use are so much like the Witnesses. My problem with MLMs is why don't they just sell on the store shelves if they're that great. Just like the WTS, why isn't the organization in such a way that makes people want to come (instead of recruiting) like many churches do.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I remember since we werent allowed to get an education that mlm was a big way to make big money.

I remember taking shakelee vitamins trying to feel better from the depresion the wactower was giving me.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

EEEEEEEEYUP! We were all invited over tothis young coupes home for a CONG get together. OH, BOY! Now, I just used to love get togethers! I was usually the one chosen to cook for every body, organized that I was and all that. Ok, so we get there, I don't see too much of anything for food yet, just some coffee and cookies? Hmmm. no problem. We were all standing in the yard yacking, and then the hosts, invite everyone inside. We go down into the basement, and there IT WAS!!!! The very familiar SCAM WAY BOARD!!! Give me a break , will ya? The friends, a get together? AM WAY?? My ex and I left immediately. I think most of the others stuck around, just to be kind. KIND??? what, like the GB kind? I don't know how many times I got asked the question, So, brother, are you interested in making more money? Less time away from the ministry, more time for JAH? get over it friends, you DON"T do business with the bros!!!!!STOP! PERIOD! $$$$ In their pockets. GREED? Taking advantage of the brotherhood? Jesus throwing over the tables in the temple?? It's all here.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

avishai...

OOOOHHHHH... DONT GET ME STARTED!.

The last congo I was still an elder in had another elder/regular pioneer that is in that ACN (formerly LCI) telephone racket. I always noticed how he would cozy up to the UBM and get them involved and become their friend...take them to dinner, play golf, attend "business meetings"...but once they quit ACN...they couldn't get the time of day...not even "spiritually". He always seemed to cozy up to the single moms, widows, etc..... I recently ran into a JW sister (single divorced mom) at a local cafe bakery that told me she was supposed to meet him there. Turns out he had alsow recruited an employee of the cafe ....who you could tell has some mental defects..really nice fellow (non JW)....and a sure sucker for his attention.

Same elder/pioneer will be out "in the ministry" and will take a "business" call...and keep counting his time because he "witnessed" to the "business associate" (by ending the call saying he was in the ministry..nothing else). Yet, he blasted me for walking away from a Return Visit Social Stop of his (that had long moved past the "here's your rags" part of the call) so I could take a call on my cell because I was desperately looking for a job. HYPOCRITE.

Same idiot elder got his hand slapped for wrongdoing several years ago, but nothing else happened. He is still a long time regular pioneer and elder. I was the only elder to object to his continuing on as a "good example" (between the wrongdoing and his fraud with ACN...he's a good example???!). I was forced to acquiece in the spirit of being "reasonable"...ugh....

Before you get involved in ACN...read this link and do the math...it is a no brainer...you cannot make money in this scheme. http://users.tns.net/~mpat/scam/

Snakes ()

My mom sold Avon...at least she didnt recruit at the congo...and she sold a real product..not just selling the thought of selling... I think things have changed since she was in Avon.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Yep, my parents were suckered into Amway back in the '70's. They only joined to get the cleaning products, because of course they were cleaners! lol

My sister in law was into Melaluca for a while, not sure if she still is or not. She signed us up, we said yes, because it's hard to say no to a relative (just made this mistake recently - it will be the LAST time I ever get involved in anything with a relative!!! ) We stayed on for a few months, never even tried to recruit anybody and couldn't afford to buy the products you had to every month and ended up cancelling. Waste of time and money!

There have been several others, there always seems to be something floating around the hall.

BB

• Farkel
    Farkel

I will bring up something that has not been mentioned in this thread. I have said this for years, but this thread just confirms it:

Despite their pleas to the contrary, Jehovah's Witnesses are among the most materialistic people I have ever known. They reek of it. They are very much here "in the now" get rich crowd, while shamelessly preaching that the "now" is not important, but the "new world/new order/ paradise" is what is important.

They are liars, hypocrites and thieves who will prey on their own brothers/sisters with shameless abandon.

I spit on such people. The JW Cult and culture is evil, it breeds evil, it foments evil, it cannot help (due to its nature) but produce a lot of evil, period.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit