MLM schemes @ the hall, i.e Amway, , etc...

by avishai 48 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

Farkel finally admits defeat.

signed: scholar/Robert King/OBVES/Barney Muldoon/"celebrated JW scholars"/Clayton J. Woodworth

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Farkel finally admits defeat.

:signed: scholar/Robert King/OBVES/Barney Muldoon/"celebrated JW scholars"/Clayton J. Woodworth

Sigh. With such illustrious people ganged up against me, I do admit defeat. I can't win with such giants as that and their collective body of knowledge aligned against me.

I humbly concede that I am the moron, but YOU DERAILED THIS THREAD YOU TWO BIT HALF WIT DIM BULB!

Farkel

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Amway is structured very much like a cult, and receives mention by Hassan in Combatting Cult Mind Control.

It seems that the mind primed for the Watchtower cult eagerly falls for such schemes. We had no end of MLM members and schemes in our congregation - cleaning equipment, makeup, perfume, vitamins, lingerie.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

You would have to admit there is some obvious exploitation going down at the KHS, possibly due to the you can Trust me I'm a brother or a sister character profile that

the witnesses pull on one another, but is this surprising look at the religion they belong to , expressing bullshit with zeal is considered righteousness

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Oh boy I remember all the little business, Tupperware, Candle Parties etc. I see it more that these people are so deprived on so many levels that this is the only way they can make some cash.

• Confucious
    Confucious

Robert7 and Junction has it right.

Even when I was a dub.. I would steer clear of this.

To me, it was being a Dub x2.

Everyone you met was a potential "target" for you.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I spit on such people.....Farkel

Farkel, I like your style.

But if I may interrupt the good natured grab ass between you and Onacruse I would like to say that I completely agree that JWs seem to have a proclivity to butt-fuck each other with get rich quick schemes. Amway and Tupperware are childs play. The most outrageous one I ever heard of was a plain old pyramid scheme. They were getting together for big meetings in a barn out in the country. It was $2000.00 to get in and if you got to the top you cashed out with something like $20,000.00, netting $18,000.00.

And pity the poor brother who was an auto mechanic by profession. I could write a whole story about the way they abuse JW car repairmen. All they ever want is free labor, parts from the junkyard and for their piece of shit vehicle to run like new when they picked it up from the brothers home garage. If they had a problem they expected an unlimited warranty.

• Farkel
    Farkel

gregor,

:But if I may interrupt the good natured grab ass between you and Onacruse I would like to say that I completely agree that JWs seem to have a proclivity to butt-fuck each other with get rich quick schemes. Amway and Tupperware are childs play. The most outrageous one I ever heard of was a plain old pyramid scheme. They were getting together for big meetings in a barn out in the country. It was $2000.00 to get in and if you got to the top you cashed out with something like $20,000.00, netting $18,000.00.

:And pity the poor brother who was an auto mechanic by profession. I could write a whole story about the way they abuse JW car repairmen. All they ever want is free labor, parts from the junkyard and for their piece of shit vehicle to run like new when they picked it up from the brothers home garage. If they had a problem they expected an unlimited warranty.

Yeah. I left about 33 years ago and that was the way it was when I was still loyal. Different decade, same dishonesty.

I still spit on them!

Farkel

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I investigated a few. No, at least the witlesses did not directly benefit because I checked out with worldly uplines. Herbalife is the one that I got the farthest with, but I could not get the sales tax set up legally (it would charge the home-state tax instead of the destination state tax; if I live in New York, and sell something to New Hampshire, it would still collect New York tax instead of New Hampshire tax). And it cost me the most money to keep up the site. Others I checked up on only charge me for the product, which is not much better than one can get at a health food store.

However, the most I lost was money from these programs. That is more than can be said for my having been one of Jehovah's Witlesses. I think that was the most costly scam I have ever been involved in (worse than Herbalife). At least Herbalife didn't make me get rejected at a$$emblies and by visiting sisters at Kingdumb Hells.

No, I do not recommend Herbalife. Their products suck. They do not have the net weight clearly visible on products in the catalog before you order the stuff. Most of it is sweetened with acesulfame K or Splenda. The energizer is nothing you can't get with a couple of cups of coffee. The weight loss package includes soy protein, which I definitely do not recommend in this form. And you still gain any lost weight right back as soon as you stop taking the products. At least I managed to get out of that crap, and I am not getting ongoing shipments of their products. A note about the energizer: I have had similar results with good old fashioned coconut oil.

Most importantly, I did not support any of the hounders at the Kingdumb Hell directly. My upline in Herbalife was in California and got in touch with me on the Internet. And no, he was not a known witless. I don't think I would ever want to trust any of the witlesses for their crap business ideas, since they themselves are the ultimate scam.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

No way, so basically JW's are just like regular people?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit