Upcoming Elders Schooling

by Questions1 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

"Post Armegeddon training"?????????? Where would they get THAT info!!!!! Doesn't the Bible say there will be "New Scrolls"???? Oh yeah, maybe they secretly received the holy goggles of muck and egg and already have the new scrolls givin by the angel Maccaroni.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

The cool thing is going to be sitting back and watching as their lies come tumbling down. It's got to happen. Eventually they are going to weave too big of thread for their hot air to keep afloat....

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome Question1. Sounds like you are already mentally free, we would love to hear more about you.

"I don't think it will last another four years. We are really close and if you haven't gotten your act together, you need too."

Wow, it is not the first time that has been said. In 1986 (the worldwide year of peace) my auntie said exactly the same thing. And virtually the same thing was being said 110 years ago.

Zions Watch Tower 1894 July 15 p.226 "Now, in view of recent labor troubles and threatened anarchy, our readers are writing to know if there may not be a mistake in the 1914 date. They do not see how present conditions can hold out so long under the strain."

What a miserable existence, living hoping the world is about to end, rather than enjoying life for what it is.

• ferret
      ferret

Welcome Question1 I remember a WT study back in the seventies on peace and security and still remember some of the comments. It was just after the end of the Viet nam war. everybody thought that was a sign of the end. That was over 35 years ago.

• willyloman
      willyloman
      One old Witness told me: Even if it isn't true, it's been a wonderful way to live!

Over the years, I heard the same sentiment expressed often. When I was first "studying" I asked an elder, "What if you're wrong?"

He said: "If I'm wrong, it hasn't cost me anything. I've just had a better life, been a better husband, better father, better person. But what if I'm right?"

On the strength of that argument, I came "in" and stayed for nearly 30 years.

Of course, now, I realize it did cost him and he isn't any better off. He is now enduring a very meager retirement and he and his wife are bitter that the system was still going on. There've been many disappointments along the way. He will be delighted to hear there are only four more years to go!

I have come to realize that dubs have only one thing to hang on to: "What if I'm right?"

• bobld
      bobld

Welcome Question1 however, I would NOT say how scholars on this forum get info on the WBTS.They got their ear to the ground and monitor this forum.The more that crime gang is kept in the dark the better.

• sammielee24
      sammielee24
      One old Witness told me: Even if it isn't true, it's been a wonderful way to live!

Yup - 'even if we haven't got the truth, would you really want to live any different?'....an old saying and a constant one. sammieswife.

• moomanchu
      moomanchu
      Why would he speak directly against the apostle Paul ?
      1 Corinthians 15:19
      If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men.
    • logic
      logic

I like the post armegeddon thing. If you get the elders all stirred up enough then they will stir up the sheeple. If the elders are gullible enough to be elders then always start with them first on the brainwashing then turn them loose on the rest. Can you imagine you are priviledged elders and you get this information that you are now planning on life after armegeddon. I can just see them now with all this jubilence. The gov. body can just sit back and relax and watch this all go down . Things are probably going to get very funny or very sad depending on your viewpoint.

• Gayle
      Gayle

the prophecy of the King of the North and South has been fullfilled and that the cry for peace and security might not be an actual statement, but a shared emotion that the two superpowers share for a brief time.

This struck me as humorous, that this prophecy would not be a 'cry' (aloud) but more like a feeling (silent). Kinda like the prophecy of application of Jesus coming in 1914 'visibly' but later stating it was 'invisible.' Oh, the flip-flops!

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit