Upcoming Elders Schooling

by Questions1 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Questions1
    Questions1

It's no secret that the "Organization" has increased it's CIA, National Security Clerance Only super-secret attitude in regards to the elder school that is going to be conducted soon. A few days ago, I had a conversation with an elder who has been in the fold all of his life practically. In keeping with the conversation style of JWs, the gentleman told me that nobody knows what exactly will be taught at the meetings, but in his backdoor conversations with some brothers who seem to be tuned into the Bethel's officially, unofficial, communications network, the elders are going to be taught "post-Armageddon" teachings. The brother then went on to explain that the time of the end is closer than ever before. He backed his assertion with more information he obtained with a brother with ties to Bethel. Alledgedly, the feeling is that the prophecy of the King of the North and South has been fullfilled and that the cry for peace and security might not be an actual statement, but a shared emotion that the two superpowers share for a brief time. I found that explanation interesting in that it keeps with the Organization's continued effort to explain world events in an "as you go basis". This elder told me he doesn't think the system will go much longer, "I don't think it will last another four years. We are really close and if you haven't gotten your act together, you need too." He then stated that something is different because the organization is moving to the "country", "they are quiet now, not taking such a hard stand on things. It is as if the word has been preached." I looked at the man, and just shook my head, no need in explaning, true belivers are just that. I just wonder what these older brothers actually felt when WW!, WWII, the Cuban Missle Crisis...etc...made them feel and speculate about?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

WELCOME to the board and thank you for your post

• DT
    DT

Welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to hearing what is discussed at that school. I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with some crazy new ideas.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

looking forward to updates.......

~Hill

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    The brother then went on to explain that the time of the end is closer than ever before. He backed his assertion with more information he obtained with a brother with ties to Bethel. Alledgedly, the feeling is that the prophecy of the King of the North and South has been fullfilled and that the cry for peace and security might not be an actual statement, but a shared emotion that the two superpowers share for a brief time.

I used to love conversations like that. I felt that I was a part of something very special. In all of human history god has chosen the time I live to fulfill all these wonderful things. What a great feeling. But then it wears very thin and you begin to realize that every generation has had the same feeling and nothing is differerent now.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Ah the old "peace and security" "prophecy". When actually reading the scripture it's clear what Paul meant by taking it in to context 1 thess 5 1-3(NIV):

Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Clearly Paul was reinforcing what Jesus said about NO ONE KNOWING THE DAY OR THE HOUR. So by the society spending so much effort and free time worrying about this, they are actually going against what Paul was trying to say.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"POST ARMAGEDDON TEACHING" that is soo funny!

From what previous schools taught it is more like

"post masturbation, - fornication, -removing thong, -post molestation teaching!!

HB

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

If the school involves reading a street map to assign all the nice houses to survirors I will be all ears.

~Hill

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Wouldn't the ultimate New Light be that Armageddon occurred invisibly in 1975?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Witnesses are end timers. If they quit talking and writing about the end time, they'd have no purpose. The literature and meetings the last few years focus more on the Society's claim of divine direction than about the end time.

It's a swinging pendulum. For a while they go all out on the doom and gloom and then they hammer the claim of ghosts directing the Society. They only have two plans.

Plan #1. Keep the brothers working.

Plan #2. If the brothers quit working, see plan #1.

That's all the elder training is about in a nutshell, loyalty, and work! All mistakes were tests, payday is in the future. If you die waiting . . . didn't you have a great life!

One old Witness told me: Even if it isn't true, it's been a wonderful way to live!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit