ten pounds in ten weeks

by Hortensia 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

so it's January 1 and I want to lose ten pounds in ten weeks. I've been on a diet for a year and a half and have lost 130 pounds. Weight loss has slowed down, so I need more focus and more exercise. Anyone want to join me? I'd like to see a group of folks post their calories and exercise every day, just for support. If anyone is interested, I'll keep this thread going. Otherwise, I'm still on the path but I won't bug you all about it!

so, I weighed myself - not sharing that info!!! I ate 1386 calories yesterday, according to calorieking.com. I walked for 20 minutes and (for the first time) tried jogging for 15 minutes. What that actually means is that I jogged until out of breath and then walked until I could breath again, and repeated that for 15 minutes.

Anyone else?

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Good luck.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Drink plenty of water - that also helps

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I will join you in this endeavor...I am looking to lose 40 lbs over the next 6 months. I am going to try to go to the gym 3-4 times a week and eat healthy. Do you want to share what we eat and what we do for excersize daily?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Watch your food intake..And..Keep exercising..You`ll reach your goal..No problem!..1st Place..................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

Yup,I'm up to the same thing. I decided that this year will be the year i get back to my "pre-dub" physique,and possibly even more ripped than i was,with the increase in weight i'm gonna be pushing later...for right now though,my goal is to shred,and expose all the muscle i already have,but that is covered by blubber. I figure I have a good start by burning 1000 calories on the treads alone,everyday,that's not even including my weightlifting reg...so far...i've been doing it,360 before breakfast,another 640+ before dinner/bedtime.

Did you enroll in a clinic? That could help wonders for you too,they give you appetite supressors so that sticking to the right caloric intake can be easier to accomplish,cause you start to see food as just fuel because you're not starving,or really hungry.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I want to lose about 8-10 pounds too. But absolutely hate exercising! Although I need to.....things are starting to head south! I'll give it a shot, I have a good exercise video for the Butt! (as long as I keep the volume off to drown out the annoying guy in the video, I'll do ok)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hubby and I are set to do the same thing, we both want to lose weight (get below 200 pounds) and get in better shape for our health. We plan to walk, I am going to do Jazzersize, and we will do a few core workouts (we both need to get our abs in shape). Hubby needs to lose 34 pounds and I need to lose 70.

Josie

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Since I am not preparing for the meetings, I now have extra time (and extra weight) to lose, so I want to join the Big loser team. Where do I sign up. I am up to 300 pounds. There! I said it! Ok. I have to go now and drink some water. Bye.

-ootb

• Tara
    Tara

Good idea. I'm in. I want to change my sporadic excursions to the gym to 3 x week, every week, without fail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit