ten pounds in ten weeks

by Hortensia 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Hi guys - good idea - I am wanting to lose about 35 kgs this year (not sure what that is in pounds - maybe about 70 or 80?). For the first time I have decided to give myself at least a whole year to try and do it slowly and properly.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

well I've completed my 500 calorie worth of exercise - its quite movtivating watching the calorie burning counter on the machine and its fun using different cardiovascular exercisers.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

from August till November I lost 20 pounds from November to Jan 1 I gained 10 back, Going back on the Scarsdale diet.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Good for you!

I burn between 1500-2250 calories a week in my exercise classes. I was so hungry that I was endulging in massive amounts of sushi and it was counteracting all of the exercise I was doing, as well as breaking my wallet. I finally had the Dr. put me on a prescription appetite suppressant. So far, I can't tell a difference in my appetite, but I'll keep you posted.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Housework is great excercise!

Get on your knees and scrub the floor...wipe and clean cabinets out...clean windows..vaccumn every other day..scrub bathrooms..you would be surprised how many calories you can burn...and your house will look great...

Wash inside and outside of car...rake leaves...clean up brush...

Take and extra trip up and down the steps..

And it doesn't cost a thing...

Only make your portions of food no bigger than the inside of your hand..

No eating after 6...

Too much water is overrated...if you are overweight you will have a tendency to store water in your tissues...

Too much fruit will add too much sugar to your system...turns into fat..

No more than 3 helpings of bread products is recommended..that would include one of cereal..and 2 slices of bread..if you want popcorn or macaroni..you have to remove a slice of bread or cereal..a total should be no more than 3...This includes potato and peas..only 3 starch servings a day.If you cheat..have one less the next day

Find juice with the smallest amount of sugar..and add no sugar to other food or drink if can be helped.

No marbled meats...only lean meats and no portion bigger than your palm.

My hints for the day... (Portions taken from a diet supplied by an M.D.)

Snoozy...

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Well...I am doing a "check in" today. I went to the gym (for the first REAL workout) and I am happy to say I did good. I did the upper body workout a gym trainer showed me and then I SuFFERED through 30 min on a treadmill....I kept wanting to quit! I ate some pasta and a salad for lunch and some melba toast and lunch meat (for a weird b-fast) Now...I am contemplating what to do for dinner.....hmmmmmm, subway?

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Too much water is overrated...if you are overweight you will have a tendency to store water in your tissues...

I think that's debatable. Your body only retains water if you haven't been drinking enough. Drinking more water is the perfect solution for water retention ... a hydrated body has no need to retain water. For most of us, by the time we feel thirsty we're already dehydrated. Ideally, we're supposed to drink enough water so that we never get to the point of thirst.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Your weight loss is great! Congrat's!

I just lost 30 lbs in 2 months, before the holidays. I've gained 8lbs back, but will be back on Atkins after our friends leave this Monday. Once I lose the bulk of 28lbs, I start eating better and I joined a gym last October.

Congrat's again!

Bryan

• beksbks
    beksbks

Thanks Frequent Fader, I was going to say the same thing. I see the results in my own experience.

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

Just in from the gym...::drumroll::...the calories burned for today:1257 ...and i'm feeling great....just between yesterday and today's net,i'm 329 cals over my goal thus far.

As an added bonus,a "sister" from my old cong i faded from showed up at the gym,i never broke my stride,lmao...As i was ending the first session on the treads..i could feel her watching me from the back of the gym where she was,i guess,hiding,lol...When i got off to write my first total,and get more water..she couldn't avoid walking towards me like she done when she first came in,when i saw in my periph view she had the look of panic on her face,i looked up and gave her my trademark smile/smirk...she was in the gym a total of 15 mins cause she left when i was 10 mins into my next treads session..i hope she starts going to the one in the next town over that a witness couple owns cause i'm gonna try some of those chicks in there soon,and i don't need my fade screwed by her..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit