I'm so frikkin sick and have been for days. Somebody shoot me.

by UnConfused 19 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

Where do you live? I'll send someone over.

changeling

(just kidding)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I have a friend who swears by Swedish bitters. Never tried it myself. I am so sorry all you folks have the flu - it's so miserable. I haven't had it since the Hong Kong flu - which many of you probably don't remember. I have never forgotten how sick I was - so I am hoping you all get better soon - whatever it takes. I recommend whisky in hot hot lemonade.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Your immune system may have already been a bit run down to get hit so bad. More zinc, fresh fruit & garlic dude!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I hope you feel better soon.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Yikes, you sound like a sick little puppy. But you are online, which means you are alive:) I hope you feel better soon-the flu is miserable. If you can't keep anything down, you may need to get some iv fluids for the afternoon. You might want to call Dr. and see if there is anything they can actually do to help. Take care. I took a cough syrup Morphine?tussin that made me hallucinate. I only WISHED the couch was a canoe-I had everything I thought about morph into monsters. Thank heaven the medical assistant listened. Some have that reaction. This is why I don't drink more than 2 wines a year! Don't react well to drugs.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I've been full of flu for the last 5 days. I'm now at the stage where I'm just sweating and shivering but the pains have gone - hallelujah.

I've sweated so much my clothes have started to rot.

With everyone else in my house ill as well with the exception of our three year old its interesting to see how our own Lord of The Flies experiment has gone, she (3 year old) has reverted back to basic nudity with the addition of a rather cute cape thing, its fortunate that we bought her a piano set since the stool has allowed her to forage in the biscuit tin, retrive yoghurts and supplement her pickings with pringles from the pantry shelves. Every four hours or so I've dragged myself through to make sure she hasn't started to make a fire in the dining room and to make the mental note to be a much better parent once I have control of my body again.

I think I may have killed some old people as well. I was feeling rough as a badger's ars* on Saturday (wasn't till the afternoon that the flu really kicked in though) but made a truly heroic effort to take the kids to the panto but to my horror in the row in front of us there were loads of old people - people so old they are held together by their cardigans - and now as I look back on it I think I may have been close enough to pass this on to them. I'm avaoiding reading any local newspapers 'cos I feel ultra bad about my potential granicide.

On a lighter note I've lost half a stone.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Unconfused and Qcmbr, How are you guys doing? You should be feeling much better, and figuring out, that you will live.

Do you guys have any bodily fluids left, that can be sold? LOL (I know, not funny yet, maybe in a couple of weeks).

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/15/149704/1.ashx

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))

...to the sick ones. Sorry I don't want to touch you or I would have put your names in there.

Get Well Soon!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Trust me, UnConfused is much much better. He might need some recuperating after this weekend though!!

BB

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I'm fine now thanks- just a deep cough and snotty nose left. Fortunately I have bladder control back as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit