"Secret" or "Members Only" Watchtower available for download

by grassyknoll07 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Yeah, it would seem to me that they are setting up the legal basis for trying to shut down apostate sites.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It's a pretty standard disclaimer. I would point out how unhelpful this is to those among them who are DEAF. They have sections for the deaf at assemblies, but this doesn't occur to them? And blind people have a little more difficulty downloading and using the computer in the first place. Sending them tapes would be simpler.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    legal basis for trying to shut down apostate sites

The disclaimer does not make much difference. Copyright laws provide for being able to quote sections from a book, provided it is in "fair use", but prevent large portions being submitted. It generally extends for 50 years.

jw.org shows that cost cutting is a primary concern for the WTS. As most people could not care less about JW's, and are barely aware of their existence, this site is not going to be viewed by many people other than JWs. That it posts the study edition of Watchtower is neither here nor there. The fact still remains, it is a typical cult method, provide information filled with loaded language to control the thinking of the members.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The audio format is cost -cutting only. There was alrge cost in making first tapes and then CDs- online is a great way of doing it - saves loads of money.

Study edition of WT does suprise me

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

My mother happily posts them all to me!

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

I know what they are doing this. We won't use brothers to read the WT in the meetings!! We will hear only THE VOICE from now on. And coming soon we won't need people giving talks they will be replaces with THE VOICE!

-ootb

• mann377
    mann377

Do you think the WTBS is installing cookies on your computer to track you when you leave? Or identify you?

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Let's not get too paranoid. It's the Watchtower, not the FBI.

• dust
    dust
    Do you think the WTBS is installing cookies on your computer to track you when you leave?

Actually, jw.org does install a cookie. But its only function seems to be to remember which language you chose last you were there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit