What is your name?

by averyniceguy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    If you feel that I have done wrong, please let me know, so I can be better poster.

To be a great poster you need to send me a case of beer every month.

Walter

• erynw
    erynw

The title of this topic reminds me of the Holy Grail:

What...is your name? It is 'Arthur', King of the Britons.

What...is your quest? To seek the Holy Grail

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    If you feel that I have done wrong, please let me know, so I can be better poster.

From a third party's perspective, I think why some people are doubting your altruism is the fact that nearly all of your topics are asking people for information that could be used to identify them. Since this board consists of a lot of people who are fading and since it is assumed that elders in the congregation would love to know who in their congregations are members here, that makes many people uneasy.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I dont mind telling people here my name but not openly, just in a PM after we get to know each other for a while in a discussion or if meeting at an apostafest. I have met a lot of people from JWD in person and what is funny is that even in person I call them by their name here on JWD.

LRG

• Priest73
    Priest73

Slim Shady?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Feelin' better Marshall?

momz

• Priest73
    Priest73

I just wish the real Slim Shady would please stand up.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Besides the fader's aspect, there's also the similarity between your thread title and What's Your Name by Lynyrd Skynyrd. It's an awesome song, but with the sexual abuse issues in the congregation, "what's your name little girl" just sounds creepy.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I can tell you the meaning of my name.

"Beloved"

r....a far cry from restrangled.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Abandoned, That song was written for Leon, the Mad Hatter. He could never remember the girls' names that he had been with. He always called me Chantilly Lace because he couldn't remember Chaunte'

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit