I went to the doctor today and was told I'm going to hell!!!!!!!!!!

by changeling 75 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

I went to my GP today. I go there quite often since he's also my parent's doctor and I bring them to all their appointments.

I take my Dad there at least once a month for blood work since he is on blood thinners, so I'm very familiar with the lady who draws blood.

Today I had to have blood drawn myself, and the lady inquired about my parents. She asked if they had had a nice Christmas. I reminded her that they are JW's (Dad has witnessed to her before). She said "oh, yes, I remember". Then she asked if I was one as well. I told her I was actively one all my life till about a year and a half ago.

She then asked if I was attending a different church. I told her no, that I was "burnt out" on organized religion.

She frowned and shook her head and said : "Oh no!"

I mentioned that one could still be a good person and not go to church.

She then asked if I had read a book called "Nintey Minutes in Heaven". I told her no.

Then she said: "There's a new book out called 'Twenty three Minutes in Hell', I just finished reading it and it was really scary".

I said: "I don't believe in hell". She said: "Well, I do , especially after reading that book"

I told her that if there was a loving god I could not believe he would burn people in hell.

She then said, very sternly: "God gives us every chance we need to accept him, if we don't, there has to be a pit!"

Her next patient walked in the door just at that moment and I told her "good-by".

So, am I overreacting or did this lady send me straight to hell????

What is it with these fundies??? Where do they get off being so judgemental???

I really need to move to Sweden!!!!!!!!!!!

changeling

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Sounds like my neighbors. I told them I believe in hell, I'm living in it right now. When I put up my Halloween decorations, my sister said, "O man, you're going to hell for sure now!". I told her, "Speak for yourself, I'm not the lesbian here!" She laughed. I tease her all the time.

momz

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

She's crazy!

Everyone knows that the Flying Spaghetti Monster would never put anyone in hell!

• chickpea
    chickpea

i REALLY find that individual's lack of appropriate professional boundaries quite disturbing.....

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Silly lady, myths are for kids!

• Tara
    Tara
    i REALLY find that individual's lack of appropriate professional boundaries quite disturbing.....

Me, too.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Such is the nature of religious fanatics.

They know no boundaries and are always trying to influence everyone around themselves.

Changeling,

You should talk to the Dr. of the office and express how you found her behavior to be extremely unprofessional.

• snowbird
    snowbird

She meant well, I'm sure.

If you are in the South, people do that all the time.

Sylvia

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

The needy are so often led to the realm of the crackpot.

Feel pity for those that need their fears affirmed so they can justify whatever life-choices they make.

Although it annoys me somewhat when people profess a certain knowedge about uncertain issues.

Or better yet base a complete existence on a story they read somewhere rather than going through the trouble of getting first hand experience.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I get told all the time that I'm going to hell for not believing in hell....

babygirl....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit