The View's Sherri Shepherd

by bikerchic 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Did anyone see todays show? Sherri talks about being raised a JW and how she left after her Father was DF'd and she could no longer speak to him. It was really surprising to me.....am I the last to know she was raised a JW?

Anyway I sent her an email via her website which she took down due to rude comments being made to her! Here is the link and btw I asked her to check out JWD so give a shout out to Sherri!

http://www.sherrishepherd.com/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=2&Itemid=3&mosmsg=Thank+you+for+your+e-mail

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I didn't see the show today but I wonder if it was new or a repeat of the Nov 23 show - www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/147235/2665147/post.ashx#2665147

She gave a really good anti-witness in the November show.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Ha! Yeah as I suspected......I'm the last one to know!

Funny I realized today when I saw Celine Dion it was a repeat show and I have a hard time watching Celine so I turned the show off and came right here to post about it! Silly me!

I did notice Sherri had taken down her web page I wonder if it had anything to do with being harassed by JW's after the airing of that show? You can still send her an email via her webpage, just saying.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I didn't send her an email last time. I will this time - thanks for the link.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I didn't send her an email last time. I will this time - thanks for the link.

Yay!

• Gopher
    Gopher

I just sent her a brief, friendly e-mail.

She still feels the need to talk about the JW's, so like us she wants to talk it out. Hopefully she'lll at least check out this discussion board. I also mentioned "Crisis of Conscience" in my e-mail, although I'd bet she's probably already heard about it.

• Dagney
    Dagney

My ex-JW g/f did write her last time and Sherri did respond to her, and they chat back and forth a bit. So I think she welcomes the support.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

She probably took her comments section down due to the reactions she received for some very, very dumb comments she has made about history and science. They are posted on YouTube, and she comes across as ignorant and poorly educated. Interestingly, some of the comments were on religion and Bible history when she got into it with Whoppi Goldberg.

It's one thing to say stupid things when you're sitting around the table with friends, but quite another to display such ignorance on a national television program with millions of people watching!

S4

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    It's one thing to say stupid things when you're sitting around the table with friends, but quite another to display such ignorance on a national television program with millions of people watching!

Yeah bummer about that but hey I think from what I saw on those clips it totally shows how being raised a JW could "stunt" your growth in areas that have to do with Biblical history, after all the Bible to a JW was/is the end all and how many of us ever took the time to do research after we left the B'org?

Here's what I do regarding Bible topics;maybe Sherri will do the same especially after the grilling she took on you-tube?

Dagney cool beans!

Gopher yeah that's what I did. Maybe she'll reply to me too, cool if she does.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

She has been quite vocal about her JW upbringing on many occasions. She has mentioned that her father was a great Dad, but her parents were separated and eventually divorced and that elders had come by her home to tell her (and siblings I had assumed) that when he was disfellowshipped, that they would no longer be able to have any social contact with him from then on. She said that this had led her to leave the WTS.

Joy Behar had asked her one time just why DO JWs knock on everyone's doors.....and Sherri told her to try and talk people into becoming JWs! I laughed at that one, because in actuality---this is precisely what they ARE doing "at the doors", haha! Joy had also asked on another program, just WHY JWs do not celebrate any holidays.....and Sherri didn't really get the chance to explain very much, as the conversation took another fast turn in another direction.....as it has been known to do on this show!

I do recall her saying that it was tough to be seven or eight years old and have to bang on someone's door and talk about religion. Sherri (from what I have seen) has never said anything untrue or hateful about the organization, but has always seemed to just "tell it like it is" from her standpoint and from her experience.

A few months ago, I had gone to the ABC website to leave a comment on the discussion about the WTS but I could not find anyplace to leave a thought on the "View" as I had wanted to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit