I wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer

by noni1974 27 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I wanted to be a model but my father told me not to bother cuz I wasn't pretty or even close to beauitful. When I was 22 or 23 I got an interview with a prominent modeling agency in San Francisco and was offered the chance to sign on...I chicken out, had the damn tape of my father playing in my head.

Josie

• XJwFree2BMeWJC
    XJwFree2BMeWJC

lol noni...you would have been HOT as a Solid Gold Dancer!

I wanted to be an Olympic level Equestrian competetor, cross country, and dressage. I'm too sick now but I do have a horse in the front yard waiting for me to train him.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Starting as a little boy and growing up:

Fireman... then policeman... then astronaut... then robot builder... then scientist... then a physicist.

I ended up being a computer programmer. (There's no money in physics)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I wanted to be a model but my father told me not to bother cuz I wasn't pretty or even close to beautiful.

WTF??? What kind of father says that to his little girl????

(If I had a daughter I would spoil her soooo rotten you have NO idea.)

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Mrs Jones, that's horrible! If you looked anything like your daughter, you would have made it big.

I wanted to be a teacher and a Charlie's Angel. I was always the dumb blond one when we played. It stuck.

momz

• XJwFree2BMeWJC
    XJwFree2BMeWJC

Sorry Mrs. Jones, that wasn't something a child should have ever had to hear.

• JK666
    JK666

Noni,

I could be a rock star, I just have to let the world catch up to me.

JK

• JK666
    JK666

Mrs. J,

I can relate, my father's nickname for me was "Worthless." Spent most of my life getting that thought out of my head!

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit