Climate Change. Yes the science is settled.

by mavie 137 Replies latest social current

• BurnTheShips
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The science is settled. Special interests do not want you to think that it is.

A political interest in the science not being settled is not the same as a proof that the science is settled. There is also a tremendous political interest in the "science being settled". A dismissive wave of the hand by some of the posters on this thread does not make it so. Top scientists disagree on the issue-it is definitely not settled.

The only inconvenient truth about global warming, contends Colorado State University's Bill Gray, is that a genuine debate has never actually taken place. Hundreds of scientists, many of them prominent in the field, agree.

Gray is perhaps the world's foremost hurricane expert. His Tropical Storm Forecast sets the standard. Yet, his criticism of the global warming "hoax" makes him an outcast.

"They've been brainwashing us for 20 years," Gray says. "Starting with the nuclear winter and now with the global warming. This scare will also run its course. In 15-20 years, we'll look back and see what a hoax this was."

http://www.denverpost.com/harsanyi/ci_3899807

Burn

• mavie
    mavie

BTS, thank you for providing a perfect example of the type of behavior metatron described in the post above yours.

Well done!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    BTS, thank you for providing a perfect example of the type of behavior metatron described in the post above yours.

Well done!

Thanks, would you like some more? All I am saying is that more research is necessary. The Gorebots are advocating measures that would damage our economies and destroy our wealth with an apocalyptic zeal worthy of a religious cult. As for Gore, well he is a moron and a political opportunist. Do you want me to get more ad hominem than that?

Burn
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr SCIENCE IS NEVER SETTLED. Even somethings as "settled" as Newtonian Mechanics gave way to quantum mechanics

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

If the science is settled care to explain this?

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr SCIENCE IS NEVER SETTLED. Even somethings as "settled" as Newtonian Mechanics gave way to quantum mechanics

StillaJw- I like that, "Science is never settled".

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    SCIENCE IS NEVER SETTLED.

Stilla, Newtonian mechanics is sufficiently settled for moon landings and satellite launches. It is all relative after all. ;-)

I think the question becomes "Is the science sufficiently settled to become actionable on a massive scale?"

I think the answer is still no.

Burn

• mavie
    mavie

BTS wrote:

"A political interest in the science not being settled is not the same as a proof that the science is settled. There is also a tremendous political interest in the "science being settled". A dismissive wave of the hand by some of the posters on this thread does not make it so. Top scientists disagree on the issue-it is definitely not settled."

BTS, a dismissive wave of the hand in posting politically biased Senate committee reports does not cast doubt on the facts of climate change. Your Senate post proves my point. These politicians do not want the public to think the debate is over.

Thank you once again for proving my point.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Thank you once again for proving my point.

Funny. That proves nothing. It only proves that any data that contradicts your belief in human caused global warming is suspect. The Senate report enumerates a very large list of dissenting scientific opinions from prominent scientists. Would you care to engage that?

As for Gore, which you cite in the original post, he is getting plenty of personal fame and fortune out of hyping GW hysteria. By the way, Gore was once a senator, of the very body you are calling "biased".

Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit