Was There A Specific Event That U Remember-- Realizing It Wasn't The Truth?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For me, it was a combination of things over a long period of time.

How about you??

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

ditto minimus....wasn't one thing..just a bunch of things I kept putting in the back of my head and then finally it just couldn't be pushed back any further.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

was about 12 years old. JW kid down the street gets in a big argument about if a person , say, drowned, in the New System (tm) would he actually "die" and be resurected or NOT die....

after a few minutes of his logic I had nothing.

~Hill

• minimus
    minimus

Silly. No one "drowns" in the new system. If you can't accidentally die, certainly, one couldn't drown.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Mike...is that YOU? LOL!

~Hill

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

There were a number of things that I tried to ignore. I tried to tell myself to wait on Jehovah and that the brothers are imperfect. Exactly what I was brainwashed to do.

The day I found out about the U.N./N.G.O. scandal is the day that I woke the hell up.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I believe it was always the truth, even with all the self-righteous nuts, I would excuse them as ‘unusual’ . But cutting to the chase I was involved in a committee and I could not believe the accusations and lies, favouritism, bias etc.. in God’s organisation !! the kind of stuff that I thought only happened in ‘Satans’ world. So out of shock and despair I looked at the internet and within a few minutes I realised WHY and all the loose pieces came together.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie
    ditto minimus....wasn't one thing..just a bunch of things I kept putting in the back of my head and then finally it just couldn't be pushed back any further.

Double ditto.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I think it was the being brainwashed into them having all the keys to happiness and years later knowing for sure that I never had been.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I believed EVERYTHING except Jesus coming invisably in 1914 ...The elders came & told me I MUST believe that. ( I had lost my hubby in death two years prior)
    I cried to them & told them I just couldnt see how that was ,since Jesus when he came it would get better. Well they left

There had been a brother? in the congregation around my age who was taking a special interest in me ,>>>>>flirting,
    A few days after they told me I was D/F ,,, I backed out of my parking into another car. & that VERY BROTHER stood & laughed at me. Walked away !!!! I knew then that Gods organization couldnt be ruled by God. 1 . because when they told me I was d/f I asked" what they would do if I killed my self "One shrugged his shoulders, 2. When a "loving" brother could laugh at my accident.
    I believe they didnt want to look after the Widow....So chuck her out. They did!!!! I sometimes want to send them THANK YOU cards

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit