Was There A Specific Event That U Remember-- Realizing It Wasn't The Truth?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

9/11/01 made me realize that I have been preaching for the death of billions, and that it would look pretty much like the attacks on the Twin Towers.. I could only imagine Jehovah's angry face as he emptied out buildings in sheer rage. I realized then that I worshiped a sadistic bully. I realized I loved people a lot more then Jehovah did.

Going to Gilead: I thought I would study the bible, and that it would strengthen my waning belief that god even existed. What is Gilead all about? Every other bible character prophetically symbolizes the modern day "borginization" and usually Rutherford and Knorr. The kicker was sitting in class as we started 2 Kings. The answer on the test that would count to my grade was "Elijah = Rutherford and Elisha = Knorr"

That wasn't the first time parallels had been made to these two idiots. For some reason, my bulls**t meter finally kicked in at this question. I sat there in class and for the first time in my life admitted to myself this very simple statement, "I don't believe this." I looked around at a couple of my classmates, bobbing their heads with smiling faces... I felt sick. I looked at my ex, and she was joyful to "learn" this. I felt even sicker.

I keep saying that Gilead is not the place to realize you belong to a cult that was founded by the Quaker Oats guy. For 4 years, my gut, my brain, something was telling me over and over again "This isn't right." But I kept going because of the ex and because of the large amount of sunshine blown up my rear end. But it all came crashing down that day.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Over the years I had doubts about some of their teachings especially about Jesus. Also when you get two Elders on separate occasions tell me that they believed Jesus was God. You start looking at things differently.

But the specific event was at a time when I and my family needed love and support from what I had believed was "Jehovahs loving organisation". Was totally missing. People I had known for 25 years disappeared. Elders who's idea of help, for acute clinical depression and being suicidal, was "attend meetings and go on field service". Their answer was to get me out the family home because I was a "spiritual danger". I have said that if just one of them had said "We'll help you and your family get through this." and given the support needed. I could well still be a JW.

In the 5 years from when it first occurred to when I disassociated. I had about 4 "shepherding visits" none during the two years I stopped attending meetings till I DA'd.

It was during those 5 years I began to learn the REAL truth about the WT and its teachings and history. It was almost as if I was led to finding it all out. It was no sudden decision. I spent 3 years research before stopping going to meetings. Then another two before I DA'd. Even though it cost me contact with my wife.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

After reading the whole Bible for the first time, everything changed.

• Terry
    Terry

It came to me one day. It is better never to hear the so-called Good News before Armageddon. If you hear it from some idiot and it doesn't make sense and you reject it--you die at Armageddon and get the thumbs down judgement. But, if you don't hear the "Truth", you get a second chance without the devil, human imperfection or misunderstanding giving you the wrong impression!

This being the case; the worst thing you can do is preach because you might present it in a way that turns a person off resulting in their everlasting death!

This being the case, the entire premise of Preaching the Good News of the Kingdom is deadly!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Ever since I can remember there was something nagging at me that I couldn't place my finger on. Something just didn't make sense, I really didn't know what it was. I left basically thinking I was evil for leaving and decided I'd rather die happy than live unhappily till armageddon. I still kind of thought it was the truth until I started hearing about all the sexual abuse stuff, I realized that the elders are just following protocol there and that any orginization that has that kind of protocol cannot be God's orginization. Then the flood-gates opened with 607 B.C.E, 1914, the myth based bible, I was finally free.

• 5go
    5go

My best friends at the time life style it wasn't what I thought to be the way a JW should live. Also the code of silence that young ones in the JWs have caused me to shell up. I thought I needed to get away from bad associates which of course I know now is everyone.

Also my exfriend's wife parents were fourth generation witnesses and she was a model fifth generation witness at the hall and a slut at highschool. She even left him for a bit to sleep with some other guys and was DFed for the minimum six months. Now it's like nothing happened. I guess really it should be that way.

Needless to say I woke up from that, and the girl I liked hating me after I tried so hard to get her to like me. She still loves my exfriend. I realized the god I worshipped; and classical views of love, and romance are false after those events. I have been trying to fade away from the JW's ever sense.

• Carmel
    Carmel

my baptism day sealed the deal for me. my eyes were opened, i saw the light, only it was the light that illumined the hypocracy of the Borg. carmel

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I picked right up on that whole "if you die before Armegedon without knowing the truth your better off " thing too. As kid, I sat in on my folks initial study and remember this issue.

Even Mark Lett (Steven Lett, GB, is his son) couldnt explain that one away. I wrote it off as some kind of divine puzzle and let it go for years.

~Hill

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The generation change in 1994, the only problem is I didnt find this out until 1997 on the internet. If I had only kept going to the meetings for one more year, I would have known it wasnt the truth. I left in 1993, still expecting Armageddon.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They kept telling me that I would eventually find a sister for a wife. Then they kept telling me to just meet men, which would make it totally impossible. And they did not satisfy me when confronted with that blatant inconsistency, so I started letting them waste time trying to track me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit