What congregations did you attend in your lifetime?

by averyniceguy 53 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I went to the Watkins glen congregation in NY growing up. (1980's-1993) , then I came down to Florida and went to Avondale in Jacksonville,(93-95ish) then went to the highlands (96-2002ish?) and finally back to Avondale very briefly before I faded.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Brooklyn congregation,

Parma congregation

Broadview congregation all in Cleveland

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95

anyone here attended congregation in victoria/australia .........

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Concord, NH: 1960s

Dresden and Stratford, Ontario: Early 1970s

Concord, Manchester East, Franklin NH: Mid 1970s to Mid 1980s (big pedofile scandal in Franklin while I was there in the late 70's early 80s)

Oneida East and Rome South, NY: 1990s

If I crossed anyones' path, I'd enjoy a PM from you.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Port Pirie, South Australia Elizabeth Fields/Davoren Park, South Australia

anyone here attended congregation in victoria/australia .........

There's quite a few of us Aussies on here, many in Victoria.

• crashfire451
    crashfire451

Pennsylvania - Lansdale

Connecticut - Woodbury

Ohio - West Chester

• garybuss
    garybuss

Sioux Falls, South Dakota . . . only they weren't called congregations, they were called "companies" and the divisions were called "units". So, my company was Sioux Falls, east unit. There was an east unit and a west unit.

The companies were governed by "committees" made up of "servants". The committee members were: the company servant, assistant company servant, and Bible study servant. The company servant was evolution of the "Service Director" job that the Society used to unionize the congregations and fire the elders.

After the elders were gone, the union re-appointed new elders (from the "servants") that worked for the union (called "The Society"). The "Service Directors" have been brought back since under different names but having the same job and reporting directly to the union. The objective was and is to establish and maintain union control of the companies. Control of the companies = control of the money.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Tennessee:

South Knoxville, East Knoxville, West Knoxville, Fountain City, Halls, Lenoir City, Benton, Tazewell, Sweetwater, Chattanooga South. (Public Lies tend to get you a Sunday spot on many kingdumb hell stages)

Kentucky:

Williamsburg

Indiana:

Hebron

Georgia:

Marietta North (Do I know you Auld Soul?)

Jamaica:

North Montego Bay

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I've been in Michigan all my life

Lakeview (1982-1996)
    Greenville West (1996-2000)
    Greenville East (2000-2003)
    Plymouth (2003-2004)
    Traverse City West (2004-2005)
    Howard City (2005-2006)
    Grand Rapids Alpine (2006-2007)
    Grand Rapids Central (2007)

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

My mom was first contacted when we lived in Arizona in the very early 80's. The hall was in Eager-Springerville. Very tiny hall with a wood stove.

Then we were in wisconsin, close to Menomonie.

When we moved to Seattle, actually Renton, we went to the Cascade/Spring Glenn hall.

Went to covington a few meetings when we moved there.

Went to one memorial in Moses Lake, my mom went to a few other meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit