Vote for your favorite "celebrated JW scholar"!!

by onacruse 34 Replies latest jw friends

• jimbo
    jimbo

Hello!!

I find it nearly impossible to use JW and scholar in the same sentence!!!

Jimbo

• Zico
    Zico

I have to vote for Woodworth. Franz wrote some crazy stuff, but whereas Franz tends to give me a headache, Woodworth has literally had me laughing out loud at times.

Special mention to whoever came up with the 7 trumpets applying to 7 conventions in the 1920s that nobody remembers, and the writer in the Daniel book who said Jesus was already "standing up" but could still "stand up" at the appointed time.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'm going to go with Clayton. Anyone who dutifully warns people of the dangers of aluminum utensils deserves a vote.

• onacruse
    onacruse

littlerock guy, I think the antimatter attack would be much more impressive! LOL

What you quoted was repeated in the 1960 WT:

*** w60 4/1 p. 219 par. 25 Part 35—"Your Will Be Done on Earth" ***

Studies have been made of the effect of cosmic rays on living cells in animal bodies, particularly with respect to disorders of the mind. What effect do they have or will they have on the way men behave here on earth? Certainly the Creator of cosmic rays, Jehovah God, could use these to affect the minds of his enemies, including the king of the north and the king of the south, and could drive them to mutual slaughter: "every man’s sword shall be against his brother." (Ezek. 38:21, AS) In this prophecy God warns that he will also use other natural forces that are at his disposal, possibly a rain of antimatter that has the property of annihilating any material thing that it meets. He warns all scoffers that he will do an ‘unusual work.’—Isa. 28:21.

• onacruse
    onacruse

However, since Clayton Woodworth died in 1951, the Your Will Be Done book must either be a posthumous work, or perhaps he was channeling with Franz?

*** re chap. 20 pp. 124-125 par. 17 A Multitudinous Great Crowd ***

17 From the time of the apostle John and on into the Lord’s day, anointed Christians were puzzled as to the identity of the great crowd. It is fitting, then, that one of the 24 elders, representing anointed ones already in heaven, should stir John’s thinking by raising a pertinent question. "And in response one of the elders said to me: ‘These who are dressed in the white robes,who are they and where did they come from?’ So right away I said to him: ‘My lord, you are the one that knows.’" (Revelation 7:13,14a) Yes, that elder could locate the answer and give it to John. This suggests that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today. For their part, those of the John class on earth got to learn the identity of the great crowd by closely observing what Jehovah was performing in their midst. They were quick to appreciate the dazzling flash of divine light that emblazoned the theocratic firmament in 1935, at Jehovah’s due time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit