Vote for your favorite "celebrated JW scholar"!!

by onacruse 34 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

BTS:

That one would make OBVES proud.

However, since OBVES was df'd about 2 years ago, that would automatically disqualify him from being a "JW scholar," much less a "celebrated JW scholar."

I'm sorry, but if you were casting a vote for OBVES, it must needs be discarded.

Care to pick another?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Leo, I'm beginning to think that you're in cahoots with ozzie here! LOL

Good link. I was pretty much out of the loop by the time that replacement for the Your Will Be Done latest revelation from God about Daniel book came out, so I didn't have a clue. My Mom gave me a copy a while back, and it sits on my bookshelf, collecting dustmites.

BUT, you didn't cast a vote for your most "celebrated JW scholar," and if you don't cast a vote, then I will have to consider any further posts from you on this thread to be off-topic.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Here's an artists rendition of a celebrated Watchtower scholar going door to door:

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

F.W. Franz hands down...

Although J.F. Rutherford probably beat him in creativity and audacity.

Yet among the living, R. Furuli deserves a mention for being a scholar and perpetuating the great Rutherfordian tradition of making an ass of himself in his own field, without any official recognition and benefit from the organisation so far afaik...

• onacruse
    onacruse

LOL w/ DTM

Names, names!!! Names and credentials and such-like...or else your vote won't count either!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Okay, okay, my favorite "celebrated WT scholar" is the guy (Woodworth?) who believed that the Spanish government forbidding Rutherford to deliver a talk in their country led God to withhold rain from Spain that summer, fulfilling a Bible prophecy in Zechariah 14:17.

BRILLIANT!!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Nark, I've not followed any of Furuli's stuff...just from what I've observed in postings, and a few things that AlanF has told me. Has Furuli ever been published in a secular journal?

Leo:

who believed that the Spanish government forbidding Rutherford to deliver a talk in their country led God to withhold rain from Spain that summer, fulfilling a Bible prophecy in Zechariah 14:17.

What? I've never heard of that! Do you have a reference?

• myelaine
    myelaine

...the rain in spain falls mainly on the plain...or so I've heard...

• lawrence
    lawrence

I would have voted for da judge, but after having interviewed on multiple occasions Fred Franz's former secretary at Bethel (for a play in progress - way down on the stack) I give my vote to Freddy Franz. One crazy coot! This man spun so much, one could mistake him for a whirling dervish Sufi master. The mouthpiece of Jehovah had gone mad long before he died.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It was in my GAG (Golden Age Goodies) thread, but also posted here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/147057/1.ashx

@ myelaine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit