Jehovah, the God of Justice, Executes the Wicked

by TMS 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TMS
    TMS

The phrases still roll off my tongue, "a God of tender mercies", a God in whom there is no injustice", a God who "protects the little one."

In spite of those worn out platitides, if I walked in to a court room and saw the name "Jehovah God" in metallic letters on the door, I would ask my attorney to make a motion to have the judge recused. I would prefer to take my judicial chances with any ticket-fixing, bribe-taking, alcoholic, mafia-controlled human judge than face the uneven, irrational and obscene judicial decisions made by God Jehovah.

I cite the case of King David of Israel. David admitted to adultery and murder, both capital, death-penalty crimes for the average Joe-Blow Israelite. His mistress, Bath-Sheba, was also guilty of adultery, if the sex was consensual. If the sex was forced, add rape to David's offenses. Because of the nature of David's murder, a modern court would add conspiracy to the list of charges.

How did the God of the Universe rule in this case? Did she-bears rip David to pieces like they did the boys who called a prophet a "baldie"? Or did David receive a stoning at the city gates like the incorrible young men of Israel? Did he get struck down like the irreverant Uzzah who tried to keep the ark of the covenant from tipping over? No. David got a mere wrist slap. He did not even lose his anointed position. His punishment? He would have trouble with one of his boys.

You see Jehovah had identified the real culprit, the wicked being behind all the above-mentioned dastardly deeds. The baby of David and Bath-Sheba. Jehovah killed the baby to fulfill his sense of justice.

How would you like to be judged by a god like that?

tms

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

I'll just leave you with a quote from my good buddy Satan:

"'Justice' is not a divine concept; it is a human illusion. The very basis of the Judeo-Christian code is injustice, the scapegoat system. The scapegoat sacrifice runs all through the Old Testament, then it reaches its height in the New Testament with the notion of the Martyred Redeemer.

How can justice possibly be served by loading your sins on another?

Whether it be a lamb having its throat cut ritually, or a Messiah nailed to a cross and 'dying for your sins.' Somebody should tell all of Yahweh's followers, Jews and Christians, that 'there is no such thing a free lunch'." ~ Satan, from the book 'Job: A Comedy of Justice.'

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• Satanus
    Satanus

J hoover, the god of nepotism.

S

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Powerful sentiments TMS.

"Loving Heavenly Father" is about as apt a title as any given to the fascists and despots throughout history.

I would be imprisoned for treating my children the way God treats his.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think of Jehovah as anything but merciful, loving, kind, or any of the things He has boasted about Himself as being. He is a tyrant, a Baghead (which is a person that makes grandiose promises, does not keep them, then has the nerve to order the person to act as if said promises had been fulfilled anyway), and a real Axxhole. His idea of fair justice is to punish me in ways that assure that the original offense will just keep coming up again, so I can get more punishment. He has absolutely no sense that punishment is supposed to keep the original offense from happening again, not force it to continually happen.

If Jehovah were my boss at work, I would expect to have nothing but trouble. He would be the absolute worst. I would never know when I would be called on to show up, and with no pay at that. I would get all the work dumped on me while someone else could goof off. He would have the music on Kingdumb Sxxx, piano/singing, all 225 in numerical order and repeating, and not allow me to wear headphones (it seems the witlesses encouraged me to wear headphones to drown out the Christmas carols). Then, if something went wrong, I would get in trouble. But, if I broke a rule to solve the problem, I would get in worse trouble for breaking the rule.

If Jehovah were my landlord, He would be as capricious. I could expect the noisiest tenants (or Himself) to move in next door to me, and play Kingdumb sxxx at high volume while objecting to me playing real music at any volume. Any decoration would be against the lease, as would any activity that was not specifically required. I could expect constant checkups on cleanliness and compliance with the lease. Of course, He would expect me to be out in field circus from 5:30 in the morning until after midnight the next day every day.

I think I would be better off with Satan. At least Satan would go as much out of his way to help me as he did with Adam (Satan sought to better mankind's lot; Jehovah got pxxxed that man was going to be better off without Him, and spoiled it all). Satan would identify the stagnation traps in my life and do all he could to bust them up. Certainly, that view makes me much less scared of Satan and any of his demons.

• Mile 0
    Mile 0

Well the Bible itself has some shining examples of Jah's sense of justice. Numbers ch 31 is one of my favorites. It's got a bit of everything...mass murder including babies, plundering, and assuming from the account, the rape of many VERY young women. All per Jah's instructions.

Yeah, I'd take my chances with a red-neck judge any day,

Mile 0

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

she-bears rip David to pieces

...too good for him...but a happy picture nonetheless...

Ah, later period Heinlein (quote from Job: A Comedy of Justice). As subtle and sharp as a guillotine.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This illustrates the great marketing job that JW's have done with religion. Most Christian religions embrace Jesus because he was a nice guy. (at least in the gospels.) YHWH? Not so much.

As an exercise, I went ahead and picked out one example of Jehovah being an ass from the first 7 books of the OT. There are more, but how can those created in gods image be more enlightened then the maker?? .... Thinking..... Hmmmm..... Looks like the bible was written by men, not a supernatural being... Here is some internal evidence

Genesis 1-3: God creates man twice and in different order, puts man and women together, calls it "good" or perfect, then doesn't tell Adam or Eve of the drug dealing bully (Satan) and holds their ignorance of Satan's existence against them, sentences them and ALL OF US to death for eating a fruit, and kicks them out of paradise. Great parenting skills huh?

Exodus 11: The killing of all firstborn of the Egyptians. When Jehovah does it, its just fine, when Herod does it as he tries to search out the baby Jesus, not so fine? Whats the difference between the two? Both were just trying to consolidate power..... No difference between Herod and Jehovah, as they both have baby genocides attributed to them in the bible.

Leviticus 12: Women were "unclean" for weeks and months due to childbirth and menstration. 21:9 : Burning prostitutes alive in the fire.. Nice touch.

Numbers: 5:11-28 An interesting and weird passage. The priest could be approached by a husband suspicious of his wife's fidelity and be commissioned to make a "magic potion" if you will, that would reveal whether or not a woman was unfaithful to her husband. After a ritual, the wife was made to drink some kind of elixer and if guilty her "thigh" or genitals would rot away... Naturally, there was no test for the woman to bring against her husband if she harbored the same suspicions. Thanks Jehovah! No wonder women hate the OT.

Dueteronomy 21:10-14 How to take a foreign women a male Israelite wants as his wife. It includes this great comment. Of course, this is contradicted several times in the Pentatuch and Malachai, where foreign wives are sent away or killed. So can you keep them or not? Thanks Jehovah!

And it must occur that if you have found no delight in her, you must then send her away, agreeably to her own soul; but you must by no means sell her for money. You must not deal tyrannically with her after you have humiliated her.

Duet 21:18-21 Lets not forget to stone our rebellious kids who are going through a phase. This phase probably includes the poor kids realizing Jehovah is a tyrannical despot and asking the Hebrew equivalant of "WTF!?"

Joshua: Highlights the genocide of several peoples that pissed off Jehovah. I guess preaching would have been wasted on them.... Good thing Jehovah chose to do it in our time... No? You tell me this is just an arbitrary double standard that can't be explained away except that Jehovah is a god of love? Truly delusional thinking...

Judges 19-21 The absolutely indefensable account of the rape of a concubine in the tribe of Benjamin. It includes the totally just and balanced response of wiping out said tribe. Good thing the owner of the concubine protected her... No... He just cut up her dead body and Fed Ex'd it to all the tribal leaders....

In agreement with this thread, many of these to be executed were in no way wicked. They made the mistake of calling Jehovah's bluff, and the superstitious makers of Oz made sure that fear ruled by killing all dissenters....

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

wait..................... stop the presses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jehovah showed mercy to david!

duhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... he WAS KING!

mercy to the poor??? I would like to see documentation

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

I think there is 55-million abortion a year who decides if the child should live or die? Who do we hold responable for dropping the bombs on Japan?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit