Jehovah, the God of Justice, Executes the Wicked

by TMS 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TMS
    TMS

writetoknow "I think there is 55-million abortion a year who decides if the child should live or die? Who do we hold responable for dropping the bombs on Japan?"

Those are copycat killings. Man is appropriately said to have been created in His image. lol!

tms

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Sounds like you make up the rules to judge every sitution according to your justice. So why does our society hold people accountable if it Gods fault?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

"The Old Testament is full of the least edifying stories imaginable: heartless massacres and whole genocides in an apparent struggle - a Darwinian struggle, one might say - over resources. The New Testament represents an improvement.......but it is neverthless flawed because it suggests that eternal damnation, in conditions far worse than those of a Nazi extermination camp, will be meted out to those who simply fail to believe correctly, a punishment grossly disproportionate to the crime, and one for which no further justification is given."

~ In Praise of Prejudice, Theodore Dalrymple

• darth frosty
  • writetoknow
    writetoknow

So what! If you don't believe in God and everything is made up sounds like man has the problem with cruelty and man needs someone to blame for their actions can't have it both ways hum?

• startingover
    startingover
    So what! If you don't believe in God and everything is made up sounds like man has the problem with cruelty and man needs someone to blame for their actions can't have it both ways hum?

If it was made up that means it never happened, right? No one needed to blame.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hi write to know... I don't know much about your views, but no one is trying to have it two ways... Suffice to say, man has needed little excuse in its history for poor behavior. Democratic "ideals" and the semblance of respect for individual liberties have been a bright spot in human history. It is imperfect, but the exclusion of religion and god has helped immensely. We only need to look at what happened since 9/11/01 to see that when "god" rules, whether christian, muslim or otherwise, the results are not good... What man needs to do is accept responsibility for allowing a superstitious view of god to give him an excuse to massacre. In the case of Jehovah's Witnesses, their own brand of god allows a very self righteous, vindictive and and exclusive mentality. The GB frequently relies on the OT to back up their own cruel doctrines. Every religion that uses the bible does this.... The fact remains that if god exists, (and I don't think if he does that he is as advertised), then HE is the one with the explaining to do. I will never worship until his revelation to mankind is actually visible to all mankind and he cuts the crap and tells us what he wants... Until then, an honest examination of the OT reveals YHWH to be cruel and moody. He is not worthy of my worship. I tend to be picky these days about who I worship, and superstition and fear are no lonter criteria I consider useful.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"So what! If you don't believe in God and everything is made up sounds like man has the problem with cruelty and man needs someone to blame for their actions can't have it both ways hum?"--writetoknow

As I read each posts I didn't see anyone claiming not to believe in God. Did you?

Are you aware that you didn't make any objective comment on the valid observations made but attacked the persons motives, not the evidence?

Please, now, give your opinion on the subject at hand. Why does the inspired record show God behaving in this way? Or do you not believe the Bible?

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    George carlin on religion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

George Carlin, comedian extrordinaire. His views are my views too.....

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

"..let me fall into the hands of Jehovah for many are his mercies.."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit