The More I read "Crisis of Conscience."..........GRRRRRRRRRRRR

by nomoreguilt 19 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Hypocrates! Double standards! It's ok to bribe public officials! Sallying back and forth over matters of conscience! Deals made behind our backs! All of this I have learned and I am only 140 pages into it. Friends if ever you needed to read something in your lives, THIS IS IT!!! I need to ear mark many of these pages as no doubt the time will come when I know that I will need a solid defense for the course my life has taken. There are letters from the wtbs to branches all over the world, solid documented commentarys by the GB on matters that affect the very lives of ALL jws. Thousands of lives of jws have been horrificly impacted by the duplicitous acts of the GB. WAKE UP!!!! You may be next!

nomoreguilt

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My sentiments exactly. I understand why the book is a no-no, they would have no more followers!

momz

• JK666
    JK666

nomo,

I hate to tell you I told you so, but . . .

JK

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

I read it about a year ago. It's at the public library where I live.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Yeah! What you said!

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

It is definetly a good for you to read, but can be emotionally stressful to read. Get through it the first time, set it aside for a week or even a month, then read it again. I wonder if there would be any benefit to reading it out loud to yourself, as then you are engaging two of your senses.

• onacruse
    onacruse

darkuncle, imho that's very good advice.

The first pass (in my experience) generates a tremendous amount of negative energy...not because what Ray says is wrong, but because it's right. Nevertheless, the emotional shock can be overwhelming.

Read a bit, put it down, think about it, discuss it...then pick it back up again, and do the same cycle, as many times as it takes.

But don't let it drag you down into a maelstrom of anger.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I agree with Darkuncle about it being stressful to read it. I tossed between anger and tears as I read it. But if you have ANY lingering doubts that the WTS just might be right about ANYTHING..... reading C of C certainly puts those doubts to rest once and for all! It is great for rebuttal when JWs come up with all their lame excuses for all the WTS unchristian behavior too!

hugs,

Annie

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Having been an elder and seeing the same bullshit that Ray talks about firsthand, the judicial witchhunts, the pretend interest in the health and welfare of the R&F, and the lies, it wasn't such an outrage as it was a confirmation that the local body of elders is the mirror image of the big boys on the GB. It was so familiar that it was a relief to see that the whole thing was sick from the top down. It wasn't just a local phenmom. I didn't take much convincing to believe Ray's words. Don't be mad, be glad that you're out of it. W.Once

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is where "righteous anger" comes in. They have stuck you with a religion that is full of spurious rules. They have wasted your time and gas promoting themselves. They spoiled many a holiday. They want you to give up your weekends and fun, so they can have you out in field circus. If you take an exceptional time off for something special, you should have sacrificed it for yet another round of field circus. They have tricked you into donating to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. They have set you up to be supporting pedophilia without actually doing it. And, if you have or had children in the religion, they stopped you from enjoying them and made them zombies for most of their existence. And right you should be pxxxed at them for that.

You also have the right to be indignant for the way they swindled people into hardship. Double standards are wrong. They could have made a variance for Malawi like they did in Mexico, sparing people all the problems. They could have used rational discussions instead of bickering in Governing Body meetings, with the results of having a better religion. But they went on, hardheadedly protecting their own egos (Raymond Franz was the only one that tried to clean up the act). And people suffered needlessly for it.

And, those who have been abused as children provoke righteous indignation. The pedophile incidents are bad enough for the victims. But now the whole rank and file are going to be associated with supporting it, since the public has seen the report. The beatings at the Kingdumb Hells, forcing children to sit still for 2 hours at a time instead of playing, hours on end of field circus, houndings to get them baptized by age 6, and not having the chance to develop normally all amount to abuse. Single people are kept single however they have to do it (by stirring up rejection, meddling and busting up relationships as they happen, or misapplying rules about not marrying people too soon after baptism all serve the same purpose.

Yes, be provoked. The idiots running the show are responsible for a lot of misery, and they want to spread it worldwide. But realize that they will not go unpunished. When they die, all they will have to show for it is a bunch of ruined lives and no value creation whatsoever. They will have that weighing on whatever conscience is left. Then, there is the option of going to hell, dying permanently, or coming back as a being that is going to be accursed in everything it attempts to do. And I wish those running the Governing Body like a circus the worst. If they do come back as an accursed being, I hope that, not only they have the worst luck in everything, but that they are reminded why. And I hope others that are thinking of starting a cult will also get the warning so they will not ruin so many innocent lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit