The More I read "Crisis of Conscience."..........GRRRRRRRRRRRR

by nomoreguilt 19 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Glad you are reading it to get this valuable education ! Be proud ! Stand up tall, and be counted as one of the lucky ones who escaped !Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

His second book is great as well, "In Search of Christian Freedom". My wife thought I was crazy because I cried as I found out the truth and discovered the lie I had lived. I went into deep depression, but eventually recovered.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I just ordered mine a few minutes ago from Amazon. Along with "Combating cult mind control", and a book on Evolution for my 5 year old. I figure if the wife's going to go mental about recieving evil books in the post - might as well get it all over at once. I also got a funny book for her as well, and a potty training book for the 2 year old so she doesn't feel left out.

Another thing to be stressed over for the next couple weeks till it arives.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Malawi and Mexico are what have set me off so far. And , yes, I will be reading the book for a bit, and then have to put it down to let everything I have read sink in. Most of the time I can read a work of fiction in one or two sittings.Not so with this. It is some very deep stuff to take in all at once. i find it amazing that there were many on the gb that had ideas similar to ray, however, because they didn't want to rock the boat, they just went along with the HIGHER minded ones.

I was told last year that an old friend of mine is now the secretary of the wts. He was always such a sweet man, I don't know how he must feel about all the crap that has gone on during his career. He was a gillead grad, missionary to the Phillipines, co and many years at bethel. I have been tempted to send him an annonymous letter recalling to him his sweetness and kindness and then appealing to his own conscience about the reallity of his position in life. It would occur to me that knowing his demeanor that certainly he would not be a rubber stamp to everything that goes past the gb. However, like Ray, I am sure there are many on the gb that continue to just follow like little lemmings to the song and dance that continues to play.

I still have nomreguilt

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

Yes how good is that book. It is very deep and can be disturbing, but it helps you realise the truth about the truth. When I left early in the year this was the first book of many that I read. I

agree with the above posts, definately read it twice, it seems to sink in better. I read the book in 48 hours as I couldn't put it down. My whole life stopped as I read this LOL

Very happy you found this book. Take Care of yourself emotionally, it is so important.

All the best

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I remember when I started reading C of C back in 1999 that I kept it from Clyde--not because I was afraid of his reaction to my reading it but because I thought it would make him so mad he would get too vocal and I didn't want problems with my witness family. He found out about four months later, but he was OK. What amazed both of us was how much of what Ray wrote we were vaguely aware of all along but just didn't have the whole picture. Example: Clyde already figured out that there were problems at Bethel in the 70's--not from anyone he talked to--but by simply reading the magazines. It was because the WT kept making contradictory statements--including the 1975 prediction. Clyde concluded that there was serious disagreement at Bethel and he was right. Another example: When we saw the announcement that the brothers in Mexico were now free to use their Bible openly and sing at their meetings, we asked each other, "We didn't know there was persecution in Mexico! Why didn't the WT encourage a letter writing campaign like they did in Malawi?" We found out there really wasn't any persecution. We were also stunned when the Society had a QFR in 1978 allowing blood fractions.

• bite me
    bite me

someone found out I was reading it and said it was full of lies and that the it is full of Hypocratic sayings.

I'm not going to stop reading it. I know where I stand with my beliefs but trying to get through to people.. geez. I finding it is a very difficult task. I will continue to pray for those people.

How can we prove that this book is not full of lies?

• Gopher
    Gopher

You can't prove anything to someone who is determined that the Watchtower teaches the truth.

Only when people are ready for such information will they accept it.

You only need to prove it to yourself, seeing how reasonable the tone is and how well-documented the facts are in both of Ray's books.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

This made me smile:

and a potty training book for the 2 year old so she doesn't feel left out.

And on this:

You can't. Each person has to some enough sense of self to allow reasonable thinking facilities to function.

Most witnesses don't allow themselves that latitude to think.

But... When there own consciences start to experience their own crisis, the rest falls into place easily. That's when this book has its greatest impact.

-Aude Sapere (Latin term, meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Gopher beat me to it.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit