Need Some Advice on MIL JW

by dkeithia 17 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Welcome to this place! I had had enough of my parents long before they passed away. They were a whole new ball game. Although I did speak with my mom ocassionally, I preferred not to expose my kids to this kind of abuse. Your kids will keep you so busy, you will forget all about the bs in your life-from school to guides and camping and on and on.

Good luck and Merry Christmas and a more peaceful New year to you and your immediate family!!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote:
    I am wondering if we are doing the right thing by keeping them out of our lives.

Yes!

• shell69
    shell69

You must do whatever you feel is right in order to protect your children and yoursleves

Blessed be.

Shell

• vitty
    vitty
    One of the things she found was some D&D books of my husbands. We both like to play and see nothing wrong with it.

Can ask what is "D&D" ?

And I would keep them out. You have children to think of. Do you really want this poison in their lives ? Or do you see her transforming in a loveable, kind, gentle granny

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

And of course, you MUST remember

Never ever leave your child alone with a witless relative. NEVER

HB

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

vitty, I think D&D is "Dungeons and Dragons". Remember all the stink about that game in the 80's I think?

momz

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

ok first question............... does your husband belive that crazy a$$ cult is still the one "true" religion? cause if he dose then you got bigger problems than crazy cult members who are related to your child.

i would suggest that you get him here so he can read the things posted and realize that the jws are not and never have been associated with anything even remotely resembleing the "truth"

next........ i would agree that there needs to be some sort of contact information........ preferably an EMAIL so you dont have to listen to their bulls***.

now......... you are questioning the cutting off of those people............ that is a good sign on your part........ problem is.......... you are less than dirt in their mind......... they think that after armagedon jehovah is gonna let your body be eaten by birds. once you realize this and the fact that they blame you for all the bad things happening to your husband from their viewpoint.......... then you can start reasoning out what you should do.

there are two kinds of people who share DNA with you........... there are family.......... those who you love and who are great............. for example...... you and your husband and child........... you probably have a few you can add to that category.............. the other kind of people are RELATIVES............... you should firmly put your husbands family into that category and move on with your lives.

my mom and dad and sister are JWs..................... my sister cant have children and so im the only hope of any continueing of the family line................ my mom and sister did come for the birth......... but spent more time away from the hospital than in it ........... yet i still gave them the benefit of the doubt. just got back from my first thanksgiving with family (worldly) since being out.................. stopped to visit mom and dad on the way up.......... mom and sis came to visit while i was with family........ for a couple hours............ and then i saw mom dad and sis on the way back for a couple hours.................. they made ZERO effort to see my son.......... if i would have not stopped by.......... they still wouldnt know what he looks like........ they havent called they havent written................. so i refuse to waste any more of my time on them.

im not gonna let them think that im ashamed of leaveing......... im not gonna postively reinforce their bulls*** teachings by appearing weak or remorsefull.............. cause i LEFT i wasnt dfed.

they blame my wife for misleading me............ and my wifes family blames me for misleading her.................. fact is we both made the decision to leave the cult BEFORE we met eachother.

only you can weigh your situation properly............. i would say cut them off and live a wonderful happy life........... but only you can make that decision........... good luck in your decision and life

• dkeithia
    dkeithia

Ok D&D is Dungeons and Dragons. They have my email, and my husbands. I know this because otherwise his Aunt would not have been able to email us when she visted last year and his sister has both of mine, this I know because she emailed me claiming that my husband was bi-polar and manic depressive because she was just diagnosed as such and therefore he was as well and needed to seek professional help. (My husband is not even remotely close to being either.) (I personally believe that she just has mental issues due to a horrible childhood with her mother and wont do anything about coming to terms with it.) So they can contact us. I know they blame me for all the evils of everything in the world and frankly I dont give a rats a**. They can live in their little delusional world. My husband believes that JW's are no where near the "truth" and has embraced the religion that I follow with open arms.

I am glad to hear that all of you think that we have done the right thing by staying out of contact with them. It helps easy my mind. Oh and for the record even if we were in contact with them I would NEVER leave the kids alone with them. After hearing from both my SIL and my husband about how physically abusive my MIL is I would NEVER trust her with the kids.

DK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit