What next?

by jefferywhat 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

What's next: the GB are the "class" of the 144,000 (now not a literal number) and THEY are going to reign as kings and priests on Earth starting at Armegeddon which actually DID begin in 1975 (as all available evidence proves).

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I expect that the next thing will be that the 144,000 is a figuarative number - I mean, how insane to think in 2,000 years there were only 144,000 true Christians, and 50,000 of them just happened to be around in the 1930's.

They are preparing for the long haul. There must be a realization that the end probably won't be coming, are are trying to go mainstream Christian.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Whatever changes they make it is totally reactionary. "New Light" is really nothing more than the Society being forced to admit their mistakes, more often than not through the march of time catching up with them, or through some organic change or situation that has developed in the worldwide brotherhood, eg, memorial partakers increasing substantially in the last few years.

If the partakers keeps going up at the rate it has in the last few years, the Society will eventually be forced to reconsider whether the 144,000 is literal or symbolic, but it would be years away.

I believe that after 2014 comes and goes, many JW's who have been barely hanging on will finally decide to give it up. Meeting attendance and donations could fall off dramatically. So we are not likely to see any changes of any real significant until at least 2015.

• Gringa
    Gringa

Understanding this is off topic but I can't let this go by without comment -

If you are through with the JWs- why are you here?

Let me speak for myself - I AM THROUGH WITH THE JWs AND HAVE BEEN FOR A LONG, LONG TIME.

Why am I here ?

I came here looking for posts by my brother and I stayed. I stay for a couple of reasons:

Learning why I am the way I am - being force fed the doctorine since birth - now I understand why I am so quick to get turned off when ANYONE tries to conrol me - I didn't realise that this and many other traits of mine are shared with others that were raised in the "truth".

and I am here because maybe I can share some insight to others - being a 3rd generation witless, having been a teenager in 1975 when Armegeddon WAS coming (no matter how they lie about it now - they DID say it was coming in the fall of 1975) and knowing for sure and certain I was going to die, having successfully faded and remained on speaking terms with many of my relatives, maybe, just maybe I can help someone else.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Jwfacts

I think the WTS has invested too heavily in the 144,000 as literal number. I mean it makes so much sense!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit