Can I be DF'd

by Robert7 21 Replies latest jw friends

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Yes, if you admit it like you say you would. I think you are technically, according to them, an apostate. Welcome to the club!!!!! It's great on the bright side of life.

momz

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    - I am questioning/doubting the validity of the Bible
    - I am questioning/doubting the validity of the WT organization overall

If you verbalize your questions and doubts, you are negating your baptism vows (If baptized after about 1985 - ??). You are also causing disention in the org. They will D/F.

If you don't active speak about your doubts and yet the elders happen upon you, they may ask you pointblank if you accept that the WTS is the sole representation of God's Organization on Earth. If you answer, 'no', they will D/F.

Good Luck with your progress. I mean that sincerely.

btw - Welcome to JWD!

-Aude Sapere (Latin meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• yknot
    yknot

Disfellowshiping,

Here read the guidelines for yourself.

type in browser address: watchtower.cc

Click on WT files and click Pay Attention.pdf

• Robdar
    Robdar

It all depends on the elders in your cong. I didn't get df'd. Neither have my folks. Still, if the elders want to do it, you could be disfellowshipped. Good luck.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth
    I am questioning/doubting the validity of the WT organization overall

Yes, you can be disfellowshipped......and labeled as an Apostate. You shoild never, ever question the "Great Wizard of Oz" ~ I was given the Boot for much less.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

u can only be disfellowshipped if u are breathing or if u are dead(secret sins found out after death and the body really hates u). Otherwise no, they can not DF u.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    I am questioning/doubting the validity of the WT organization overall

In all seriousness, apostasy (against the WTS specifically) is considered the worst of all sins. When I had my JC, they barely touched on whether I believed the Bible, they only wanted to know if I believed God directed the Governing Body.

Apostasy (against the WTS) is considered the worst sin, as it is the one that has the most affects Watchtower growth. If you rape someone, the victim is likely to stay a JW, and you are likely to return after being disfellowshipped. However, if you no longer believe you are not likely to ever return, and if you show others why it is not true they are unlikely to stay JWs as well. So you will be held in better light and treated better as a rapist than as non believer.

• thom
    thom

As some have mentioned above, it depends a lot on the elders you would be dealing with. Do they like you? Do they know and like your JW family (if you have JW family). I have been fortunate (from my point of view) that the elders that know me don't really want to DF me, so they haven't. The Christmas lights all over the front of the house haven't caused any visits yet. Also, someone mentioned taking a look at the Flock book. I did that before I met with them about a year or so ago. It helped for me to know what they might ask and why. I was prepared to answer and it went well (again, from my point of view).

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Robert,

WELCOME to the forum!! We are happy to have you here! Well, if the elders knew you were doubting, they would no doubt call a meeting with you...to take an accessment of the situation..ex: your attitude etc. Then depending on if you were willing, they would insist you quit the Internet, and get regular, because you MUST be spiritually sick to dout the Borg! Then you would be watched like a HAWK! Perhaps even labeled!!

On the otherhand, if you weren't willing to change anything, or meet with them no doubt they would have but one question for you, and that is, "Do you believe this is God's Spirit Directed Organization?" Depending upon what you say, it would be cause for a judicial committee. If they think your questions are a big enough threat, they WILL get rid of you!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

YES - you would be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit