Can I be DF'd

by Robert7 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Robert7
    Robert7

So the reality is,

- I am in 'good standing'

- I am questioning/doubting the validity of the Bible

- I am questioning/doubting the validity of the WT organization overall

- I don't participate in meetings or service.

- I am consulting 'apostate' websites for third party information for facts

- I do NOT feel guilty or repentant for any of this.

- If asked by an elder, I would not lie and would admit to all this.

So question is, would I be DF'd if the elders know all this? Are all these a DF offense? I am looking for serious answers and not necessarily dogmatic views of the WT (although I can't stop you, lol)

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

If they could, they'd probably burn you at the stake with a copy of "Crisis of Conscience" chained around your neck! If you are not repentant, they can disfellowship you. Hell, even if you are repentant, they can disfellowship you. It all comes down to what they feel like doing with you! The thing to do in this situation is not care what they do! Let them talk. :)

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

The best answer is, it depends on your elders.

Some elders hound an individual the moment they miss a meeting, other elders never even talk to a person as they stop attending.

If you stop going to meetings and in service you may or may not find the elders after you.

If you tell the elders you question the teachings and are visiting apostate sites, you will be disfellowshipped.

Hope this answers your questions!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

yep.

~hill

• besty
    besty

Hi R7

Simple answer is yes

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/144705/1.ashx

our story above will give you one scenario...

Your decision at this point is not can I be disfellowshipped. Thats easy. The question is do you want the WTS to decide whether your nearest and dearest will shun you and what that means to you if they do. For us we took a risk on losing family/friends and we lost nearly the lot.

However we can hold our heads up knowing that we have stood up for our conscience and have defanged the beast - they have no power over us and we can say and do what we want - some people on this board have been fading for decades and still cant put up Xmas lights as a mundane example.

You need to think about how you want to exit.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Robert,

If they do ask and you answer honestly, yes. In fact, they won't even consider it a disfellowsipping. As far as they are concerned, if you are doing what you listed, you have already disassociated yourself.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul (DA'd since November 22, 2005)

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Yes you can.

I think the question is will you?

I am in a very similar situation to you, although probably 2 years on, I faded quietly, kept my head down, and now think everyone presumes I am no longer a witness so I dont even get the 6 monthly calls (does anyone get those?)

So I have avoided being DFed.. but like Besty said, at what cost? I still have to hide what I am, and to be honest most of my family think of me as an apostate anyway, I am now thankfully at the stage where I dont care either way.

But the answer is yes you can, and if it really worries you, you need to keep your head down, if it doesn't, then that's a good place to be.

Poppy

• twistedsister
    twistedsister

I simply chose not call myself a witness any longer - my understanding is that if you voluntarily decide to not acknowledge yourself as a witness to the outside world then you don't need to be d/f'd. My family must agree because they still welcome me into their homes with open arms. Its an option.

Leah

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Sounds like my story, except for #2 -- I do believe in the validity of the Bible.

I just don't believe in the Wild Beasts of Brooklyn.

• twistedsister
    twistedsister

I still have to hide what I am, and to be honest most of my family think of me as an apostate anyway,

I'm fortunate (still cant say "lucky" after 12 years of being away) that my family, though very much Jehovah's Witnesses, are still open minded enough to accept me for who I am, and to realize that I am not apostate, just questioning. Although the past couple weeks I have certainly tried my grandmother's patience with my questions to her lol.

Leah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit