I'm going to be a father

by coolhandluke 29 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

Awesome man, go for it.
    Having kids is probably the greatest reward one can have in this life. When all other things fail in life they will still be there to lift you up. They are definitely worth living for more than anything or anyone else.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I am proud of you for this. It will change your life AND his. He needs you and you have stepped up to the plate, nothing is more fulfilling than helping a child in need.

It sounds like there are some serious issues to deal with. Go into it with your eyes wide open. I think the most important thing to keep in mind that is that he may not always seem grateful, in fact sometimes quite the opposite will be true, so just do the right thing. Keep pluggong away.

check your pms

• Mary
    Mary

Hey, that's great news!!

• zamora251978
    zamora251978

congradulations.

Just take it one day at a time. Don't seem to Hitler. You want him to know he can freely come to you when he needs advice but dont be too buddy buddy or he will look at you like another 15 year old. I have a 9 and a 7 year old boys. The oldest comes to me for everything. from school to girls and even puberty. He says he will be changing and becoming a man soon. I wouldnt dare ever talk to my parents about anything like that. I am so excited that I have a good relationship with my sons. I hope the best for you and like everyone else says If you get stuck or fall in a hole you have us.

Lulu

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Does this mean that I should stop hanging my bras on your bathroom door handle?

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

thanks everyone. the advice means a lot to me. I promise to take it all in. you are all such loving people.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Is it spring break yet??

Just wondering how things are going!!

shelley

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

thanks for wondering crazy...

my sister had congestive heart failure and her strangelhold on my nephew only tightened. he and my oldest neice have taken to just leaving the house to go be with friends or do whatever it is that they do without telling my sister. she is sick and facing her own mortality and does not want her children out of her general eyesight. the situation gets worse and worse and she cannot see the damage she is doing to them. however they are not mine so i cannot change it. i just have to wait it out. the boy will be 18 in less than three years. september 22nd 2010 i'll be on a plane with a suitcase, packing him to come live with me. by then his mother will have no control of what i do with and toward her son.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I wonder what will happen to his mom when you take her son away.

(edited to say: just read your last post, looks goodonya)

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

spaznik - i love my sister, unquestionably. my level of respect for her is the only thing in question. honestly i do not care what happens to her as a result of her children leaving her. she is incapable of raising them to be responsible, qualified members of society. all i care about are her children and their well being. by the time all of them reach 18 their respect for her will have evaporated. i dont want this to happen but she leaves them no choice. so i'll just have to try to pick up the pieces. i won't see them fall by the wayside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit