I'm going to be a father

by coolhandluke 29 Replies latest jw friends

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

CHL- Is the mother terminating her rights to the child? Are you being appointed temporary guardianship? Are you adopting him? No matter the case, you have a lot of red tape to go through if you want to be able to insure this child and be able to make decisions for him like say, get his driver's license, etc. Just going and getting him without the proper paperwork could be considered kidnapping or harboring a runaway if she goes nutso and changes her mind. Take all of the proper steps legally.

• avishai
    avishai

I've worked w/ severely emotionally disturbed kids for years...

If you need any help, drop me a line!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Congratulations. You are an admirable person to do this. You have tons of parents here that can help, just ask.

momz

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

You can do this. Without a doubt, you can. Simply because... you want to. And you will not be alone: true, many here have volunteered their "assistance" to the best they can provide, and I am sure you can count on them. Just know, however, that you can also count on JAH: if you need to, go to Him... through Christ... and throw whatever "burden" you are carrying upon them. They'll take it... and they'll show you the "way out." Truly. Because one of the ways to manifest our worship of God is to "look after widows and [fatherless] children in their tribulation." This is how we show that we love... in DEED... and not just in word. The Most Holy One of Israel Himself, JAH of Armies, has obligated Himself to take of ones who demonstrate such love. If you take this one, therefore, never despair, for you will never be alone in this. You would be doing a "favor" to God Himself, in looking out for this child, your sister's flesh... and, through Christ, He WILL bless you for it.

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, and the peace... and STRENGTH of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, be upon you... you, your nephew... and, if possible, your sister (who your nephew also needs). May he grant you AND your nephew the fruit of His spirit - love, joy, peace, faith, goodness, kindness, mildness, long-suffering (patience)... self-control... at ANY time that either of you may need any of these. And both of you will need them, all of them, at some point, sooner or later.

May JAH bless!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wow, you are a beautiful and brave person. I am in awe of the task you have set before you. You just love him, you two will do great. On another thread, the subject was our dream man. You are raising the bar, my friend!My best to the both of you.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Do take care of the legalities or they can really bitch slap you. Otherwise, enjoy the experience. Open honest comunication is very important, therapy for him may be needed just for a while so he can adjust to your household way of being.

My nephew is now living with his grammy-my mother- as my sister went off the deep end during her divorce. He is happy and has remarked that he doesn't ever want to go back to her and her chaos. He's 12, loves his mom, just knows that he is done with her crazy life. Your nephew is so lucky to have you, and this experience can teach you alot too. Best of luck.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

CHL - big up - that boy sounds like he really needs you & you sound like you're gonna be happy.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Very admirable of you, CHL.

The legalities of this, as mentioned by a couple of posters, must be paid attention to or a noble gesture could turn into something less than positive.

Best of success to you!

• blondie
    blondie

Congratulations. I took on the responsibility of my 2 teenage brother and sister. It is a challenge to enter parenthood at this late stage but rewarding. I also was a foster parent to a teenager and sponsored several others.

Blondie

• delilah
    delilah

CHL.....you're one awesome uncle. You will be just fine...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit